• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

water H20

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
my skin and eyes have been very dry latley,and today i realised that since my new band i havent been keeping my fluid intake up as much as i used to, so today ive carried a 1 litre bottle of water with me and ive managed 2 of them today, me of all people should of known better but its just crept up on me, so from now on i will be drinking more like i used to. So remember guys never forget to drink up your water as dehydration comes b4 u know it !

liz x

Hi Liz I am still struggling and dont get in one litre so well done on managing two!....I carry a bottle and sip away but sometimes I dont even get the one litre in...something I will be mentioning when I see the surgeon on tuesday...xx

1 litre is good its half the recommended daily intake, some people cant manage what you can, maybe its still early days yet after your op and and as time goes on you may be able to manage more, let me know what the surgeon recommends.

good luck for tuesday

liz x

Thanks Liz, I managed more at the beginning but hopefully now I am more settled with my meds I can tolerate a bit more. You should see all the different bottles of stuff that are in my kitchen and fridge to try and tempt me to drink them....and none are alcohol lol..xx

Hehe, CG that would be funny, doc I'm getting my 2L in but I'm still dehydrated - could it be all the vodka???

Yep, getting that water is a struggle. I am with you ladies. I find if I have hot beverages I drink a bit faster than cold. Still, I have to remind myself to drink. I never really thought about drinking pre-op so it is a bit of chore now. However, I have noticed on the days I don't make my fluids I feel worse for it. Everyone has different tolerances (Liz & CG you both might have low ones??). Mine is pretty high as far as volume goes so I really have no excuse...:p

I hope this list helps us girlies keep up the fluid intake...:)

Visible fluid
  • All beverages
  • Alcoholic drinks
  • Coffee, tea
  • Juice, juice drinks
  • Milk, milk substitutes
  • Nutrition drinks
  • Soup
  • Soft drinks
  • Water
Hidden fluid
  • Jelly
  • Gravy
  • Ice chips or cubes
  • Ice cream (low fat)
  • Popsicle
  • Sorbet
  • Watermelon also contains lots of fluid

???????? just plain water will do me lol

Its to show that your 2 litre a day can be mixed and not just water.

Some people might not realise they reach their quota...;)

Good post caz, I never thought about some of them on there. I did try honeydew melon the other day and that was good as nice and juicy, and I never realised jelly would count. So thanks for that chick...will get some when I go out...or I could just lick the ice off the car think I would get my quota then lol...xx

I know my mum keeps nagging my to drink because i think i might have a water infection, but it is because i just can't get enough down because like all you say- i just feel full up!! :(

Good post caz, I never thought about some of them on there. I did try honeydew melon the other day and that was good as nice and juicy, and I never realised jelly would count. So thanks for that chick...will get some when I go out...or I could just lick the ice off the car think I would get my quota then lol...xx

Try and get the sugar free jellies....

I used to be a care assistant in a nursing home and dehydration was a very serious issue with older folk, so I learnt alot.

Also did you know if you start the day with grapefruit you burn calories more effieciently.

Hi Caz I cant eat grapefruit as it interacts with my blood pressure meds. I know its really important to drink, with my lack of it it caused mucus to build up in my small stomach which made me feel sick this appears to have sorted out now since I changed from the fast tabs to regular tablets. I have a slight headache and wake in the night with a very dry mouth so I know I need more, will get some jelly, ice pops and melon its already on my list lol....how you feeling anyway chick? xx

I am good, I have hit a slow patch but the weight is not gaining so that is ok, looking forward to next fill though after Christmas....

Life is back to normal and I even had ONE mince pie yesterday...LOL

(in the past that might have been 1 box)

I think the nicest thing at this time of year is knowing in a few weeks when every magazine is printing diets etc we will still all be on track....what a lovely feeling...x

thankfully i have always been a big coffee drinker and still enjoy my daily quota so not having any problems with fluids. I have also discovered a liking for ribena as im not keen on still water used to drink fizzy water by the gallon.
i found post op having milky coffee allowed me to get my fluids and protien in in one go.
hyh
carole

I'm having terrible trouble with dry skin, my face and hands are the worst but I'm dry all over. I'm trying to drink as much water in the day as I can but its really difficulty. I have a problem with a constant dry mouth as I take 200mg of Ametryptalin (bad spelling) at night and one of the side effects is a totally dry mouth so I have to keep a bottle of water with me all the time as it can be even difficult to talk when my mouth gets so dry. Not sure if there is anything that can improve it other than constantly wetting my mouth with sips of water. I have to constantly use vaseline on my lips as they get very dry and cracked.

Poor you I know what its like to wake at night with a mouth like a dessert, the tablets wont help at all....what about ice chips I know some big fridges make them as easier to suck on then ice cubes or you could smash up a load of cubes and stick them back in the freezer. I made sure I had plenty of ice lollies in the fridge they have been my life line....xx

Back