• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fluids

CHUCKY

Hi all since my op i seem to want to drink tea all the time where as b4 it was always squash.
might seem like a stupid question pls forgive me.
Does tea count as part of your 2 litre fluid intake.

Last edited:
Not sure if tea counts as it contains caffine and is considered a diaretic, though i drink gallons of the stuff daily rather than water and its not hurt me. I also drink coffee in abundance too - in fact if i could have the stuff pumped in intraveiniously i would ;-)

Oh thank goodness SS I thought I was a secret sinner alone. Decaff coffee is virtually my only fluid and not come to any harm yet Chucky

M

Hiya before i had op i used to hate coffee and only drank maybe 1 cup of tea a day and lots of cola etc, but since i had the op i can't get enough decaf skinny lattes i have to have at least 1 a day and have taken a dislike to tea :p

Yep - another coffee addict here. Most of my fluids comes in the form of coffee. I used to drink it black pre-op, but now I have milk to give a little extra protein.

I even have sugar now in my coffee (shock horror) lol - infact having a small amount of sugar in my coffee actually maintains my blood sugar and as i suffer with hypoglycemia it works for me to prevent attacks, if i have a hypo i have to eat sugary calories and normally over eat as when it strikes you just cant stop eating, so the prevention for me is better than risking a hypo and binging lol ;-)

Back