• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weakness?

teresa/steve

:confused:, hi, another question lol, hubby would like to know if anybody felt weak on the liquid diet after op? He feels ok apart from just the weakness feeling, hoping it will change as he goes onto next stages,thanks :D

Teresa it will be a mix of the liquid diet and after effects from the surgery. Lots of people are extremely tired and weak for several weeks after the bypass. He will start to feel better as he starts on purees and gets a bit further out from the surgery. (HUGS) XX

Deffo hun Im tired all the time,can hardly stand to wash my face some days.Im taking each hour as it comes hubby is running round like a blue arsed fly after me.Mind you im not on liquid only diet,Im having blended weetabix for breakfast,blended soup for lunch and blended casserole for tea,with some yoghurt and milk as snacks,as long as everything is sloppy.Not had any problems eating wise, dont feel weak,just generally tired.It must be hard being on liquids,cant he have strained soups,jelly,yoghurts and low fat custard?

Thanks Jacqui, thats what l was thinking, only another week then onto puree so should start to come round a bit more then, thank you xx

Just tiredness with me love, I'm off to bed early again I keep dropping tired... hope Steve is getting all his vitamin supplements, I'm taking everything I was given now... even though it's a chore... I do think they help.

Love and hugs xxx

Oh yeh forgot to ask can you crush the vitamin tabs up, he starts them on monday? We dont know how long to keep crushing his meds for? Not a problem in fact its easier to take them like this as he is on a lot so probably better for his pouch xx ( thanks girls )

It depends what they are, my vitamin tablets are like a jelly-ish capsule so I have to swallow them. It might be best to check with the pharmacist or the bariatric nurses at Salford. Just short of 3 weeks I was taking mine ok, I phoned and begged to be able to take them without crushing them as it make me retch lol. XX

Yes l think l will ring them on monday to check and make sure, you know Jacqui lm so glad you told me about this site l think l would have been a bit lost without it lol , xx

Its been such a Godsend to all of us this forum....I know I wouldnt have got through my surgery without it. I was so prepared and yet I still had a million questions and there was always someone here to answer them for me. The support and friendship here is grrrrrrrreatt!! :D XX

Teresa/ steve can i ask are you on bp tablets as i felt like this and slowly it got worse and i kepted collasping, eventually i phoned my team who said go straight to gp or come in to hospital but being 2.5 - 3 hours away i chose gp. i had a very low bp level . i had to stop some of my bp tablet asap x
hope you get it sorted x x

Hi Tracy, yes steve is on bp tablets but he was at docs on friday and they said they would be keeping an eye on it as it can cause problems, so lm hoping he feels better when he moves onto the purree stage. Also the doctors are new to this surgery as well and they said they will be learning together with steve and SRH where he had it done. So lm grateful to this site as l can get answers from people who are going through it now or have been through the different stages such a god send.Hope you are okay now best wishes xxx

I personally think it has nothing to do with the liquid stage. It is because he has just had major trauma from surgery.... Make sure he rests as much as possible but in the same sentence make sure he potters around a bit. It won't hurt him to make a cup of tea, just no mowing the lawn for a bit.....

Good luck Steve, show us girls your made of sterner stuff than the common all garden male :) x

Yes my surgery is new to this surgery and learning with me x
i hope he gets it sorted please ask your team cause i kept leaving it and found it wasnt just cause of surgery x
bp levels need watching very close;y as tehy drop quickly x

Thanks girls good advice there, l know its only 2weeks since he had it done and its not really just a little op is it , but he has started to listen and take it slowly ( cant ever remember him mowing the lawn lol) thanks again girls xxx

I haven't felt weak, but I have been a bit prone to being tearful - not the usual me!

Dont worry Lucy thats quite normal. Post-op blues they call it :D The anaesthetic can make you weepy for some time after surgery....you will be fine (HUG) XX

Back