• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Week 20, slow but still going!

Miss Tickle

I was away last week and didn't weigh in so my wl for the last two weeks is 4lbs. For the last 4 weeks its 9 lbs:sigh: . Pre-op I'd have been chuffed but post-op I feel a bit worried as it's such a slow down. On the plus side it's put my wl up to 100lbs which is fab and the 16's are in sight. I can cope with slower- I just fear stopping! :eek:
xxx

Loosing is loosing YOU are still doing well I have actually been told that 2lb each week is good solid progress KEEP A HOLD and love yourself or else I will be round for a big dose of KUPTA therapy xxxxxx

Loosing is loosing YOU are still doing well I have actually been told that 2lb each week is good solid progress KEEP A HOLD and love yourself or else I will be round for a big dose of KUPTA therapy xxxxxx

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I can do that for ya Phil she don't live that far away from me :D

I was told that weight loss is based over 2 years. Well done on losing 100 in just 20 weeks!!

Miss Tickle: just imagine you had not had the op and you were posting:

I've been doing this darned Sliiming World/Weight Watchers lark for 6 months now and I've ONLY lost 100 lbs ..... and it's getting really slow, only 9 lbs lost in the past month .... what am I doing wrong?

Now give yerself a slap !!

:whoopass:

Thanks all-I know youre all correct.
Wendy and Phil- i'm frit now ! You two are scary. lol ( KUPTA Therapy v.v. funny Phil).
Marie-I haven't lost the 100lbs in twenty weeks. Lost 15lbs of it on pre-op so that was 3 weeks, and the other 10lbs over the three weeks before that. Still it's 100lbs in 6 months which is still awesome.
I'm very happy , even though I still get very sick some days and have a problem with my bowels. I do feel in control as I have to use my will power ( don't dump so could cheat and eat bad things like choccie but don't) and I exercise a lot. In my heart of hearts I know I am doing my best and the difference in me is absolutely incredible and plain for all to see.
and yet there is still that nasty, niggling little fear of getting stuck...

Miss Tickle, don't panic I think we all have this ideal dream that we are going to loose lots of weight each & every week & of course ideal dreams & real life don't quite match up. We still have to fight for every pound lost wether its the scales or our inner demons. Sometimes it's easier than others, sometimes we're rewarded with big drops others stalls or even regains. We're told at the start the first 6mths are the optimum time to lose more easily but it's also the time we learn, practice & understand our new eating rules find what works what doesn't & where we need to improve our habits. I don't think we can ever sit back & relax as others think due to our "easy solution to weight loss".
Don't be down hearted we are both reaching the point in our journey where the real hard work starts the initial big losses are easing off, the real work to keep it going off until we reach our goal whether it's sooner or later in the expected 18mths to 2yrs it can take us, but we've worked hard to get this far & we are strong enough to keep going until we beat this for good. Keep up the good work, take each day as it comes every little loss is a loss every stall is our bodies compensating ready for the next drop sometimes checking our intake & exercise shows whether we are eating to much or to little, doing enough to keep the balance or to little. Take a few steps back do a review & give yourself a break your doing great 100lbs down is nothing to be sniffed at be proud of yourself you should be.

Thanks for the wise words Pen. You've helped me
xx

Your welcome, it's tough this new road isn't it. As long as the scales continue down even if our body slows & fights against us we will get there & of course it's far easier to be wise for others than it is for ourselves. Keep up the good work try & chill over it all it's still working for you just in its own sweet time.

Back