• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Week 3 gain!

Missyme

Hi all, I’m 3 weeks post-op today and had lost 2 st 1lb in 2 weeks pre-op and 2 weeks post-op. However, I have gained 2lb this week. I’m sticking to homemade soups 2/3 x 200ml per day and 100g Arla protein yoghurt with milk to thin. I do add 30g of 50% low fat cheese to one soup to up my protein. My soup also has Marvel added. I’m hitting approximately 60g of protein. I’ve also done some walking in the last week and returned to work a few days ago so have been active too. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar at this early stage? TIA.

Don't worry it is perfectly normal. Your body has been through an awful lot and sometimes need to play catch up. Just looked back through my dairy and I lost 12lbs the first week and then consistently lost 2lbs then had a massive 9lbs loss followed by a 2lb gain.Your weight is also affected by fluids and of course constipation. If you read some of the American forums they are full of posts about "the stall". Keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine

Lynn x

Don't worry it is perfectly normal. Your body has been through an awful lot and sometimes need to play catch up. Just looked back through my dairy and I lost 12lbs the first week and then consistently lost 2lbs then had a massive 9lbs loss followed by a 2lb gain.Your weight is also affected by fluids and of course constipation. If you read some of the American forums they are full of posts about "the stall". Keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine

Lynn x
Thank you, Lynn. I will have to look out for some other forums too. I think I know this in my own mind, but still panic that it’s not working. It’s good to know it’s not just me. Xx

Back