• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 weeks post op weight loss slowed down

Danielle <3

10 weeks post op weight loss has slowed down last two weeks, I lost 2 lb this week. I have 18 lb left to get to my target, this week I have joined the gym again so hopefully that will keep me going.
Todays menu
B-One Weetabix with 100mls of semi skimmed milk
1/4 of a banana and a box of raisins
L-60g fat free cottege cheese with 3 melba toast
S- chilli snack a jacks
D- 1/2 cup of homemade steak soup, carrots, onions and 2 egg sized potatoes in with gravy.
and my two litres of sugar free squash !
Does this seem about right, my fitness pal says its under 1000 kcals so I think its ok.

top_kat

im a bander rather than a bypasser but just to say as you approach target it will slow down just as it does when you're dieting without surgery.

I find if I drink lots of squash instead of plain water it slows down my weightloss. I cannot comment on your amounts in quantity of food but you could try switching what you're eating as its quite carb heavy and although fruit can be good it can also slow down losses due to sugar content - raisins are quite high so Try switching it so its more protein focused.

For your snacks how about chunks of chicken breast, prawns or tuna. If you want a bit of crunch, melba toast will give you that but less carbs etc than the snack a jacks. Or breadsticks another good option.

Eggs as omelette, filling bu good protein source.

I have times when my week is carb heavier and then the following week I completely switch it so that its max 70g carbs min 70g protein and I find these changes can often kick start the losses. On saying that 2lb is a good loss especially when you're close to target!

A.Positive

I only wanted to say that you look incredible! You have lost so quickly, you must be so pleased! xx

kirstyjade

Can I ask how much you had to lose? Because being only 18lbs away from target at only 10weeks post op is very very impressive! You must be so proud :)

Danielle <3

Thanks for ur advice top kat :D yeh I do try and mix my days up all the time but unfortunately I cant tolerate meats at the minute, I am sick on almost every kind, its frustrating I hope next few weeks that i will be able to eat more meats. Anything to dry also makes me be sick seriously i am ultra sensitive, my pouch prefers soft foods for sure.
@Apositive thank u for ur kind words :D and @kirsty jade i have lost 55 lbs altogether 22lbs before surgery and 33 lbs in the 10 weeks after surgery. I started at 223 lbs and i want to be 150 lbs x

South Beach

Huge congrats on your weight loss. I was going to say the same as the other lady and up your protein. Have you tried the protein low sugar milk shakes? You have done fantastic to be so close to target so quickly. Huge congrats. I am nearly 4 months post op and only just reached half way! lol but was heaps bigger than you to start with. I lose about 2.2lbs to 3 lbs a week as an average now. I am happy with that though as it gives my skin a chance to keep up with the weight loss. I found water and exercise helps boost my weight loss when it slows down a bit. I was told as you get smaller your body slows down in weight loss due to the calories needed to do stuff with a smaller body is less than when you are bigger. So just moving about the home takes less calories than when larger. So it is totally normal for weight loss to slow down as your get to the last half stone or stone. If in doubt though give your surgical team a call.
Take care and good luck with those few pesky remaining lbs x

Danielle <3

Thanks kate :) I was going to try and up my proteins this week but with things like nuts etc as I can tolerate them and hopefully try meats again bcoz they literally get stuck all the time, my pouch defo prefers softs and mushie, but my brain is says juicey and crunchy haha :D I am going to look into the protein shakes actually bcoz I find later in the day I get restriction a lot and struggle so a protein shake might help to top up my protein. Thanks for ur advice x the nicest thing about loosing weight has been going into a shop and trying on clothes that I never thought in a million years would suit me :D I had a friend say how small framed I was ME small framed hahaha I cudnt believe it, me the girl that at every drs appointment ive been too no matter what it was for they would blame the fact I was fat. I was thrilled small frame phahahahahaha :D my plan loose my 18lb, maintain, then get my ruddy bum belly sliced and trimmed :D cheers to the future me lovely xx

South Beach

Aw honey, you poor thing, I don't do know if I would cope so well without my meat! I would keep trying lean meat with gravy when you feel up to it. Can you not manage it even if its puree? I find I have to chew heaps the 20 to 30 bites but then its good but does fill me up heaps too. I have a bit of a cold at the mo so will prob take protein shake today to perk up as we are out this Saturday and I refuse to be ill. lol I use the slow cooker a lot for meals so its really tender and have about an 1oz of meat at a time.
Please update us when you go for tummy tuck as I am hoping to do that next year once at target. Hehe I bet the tiny frame made your day. I think it takes our heads longer to catch up with our shrinking bodies.. Enjoy the attention honey. You look fantastic and I hope you feel great. I gather they do the tummy tucks on nhs so see if your gp will refer you. Ooh when you read up the protein shakes check the sugar content you want a low sugar one. I make mine with milk and ice cubes in the magic bullet blender so its like a smoothie. Some times I add half a banana to it too. I like the vanilla best. x
good luck and huge congrats on your weight loss x

Danielle <3

hi kate, yeh I can manage it puree'd which I have been having to do, and I can tolerate it flaked up in gravy like stews which is what I have been doing so far this week, well I have an appointment with the dr tomorrow to see if I am eligible for a tummy tuck not sure if my pct will do it but I will see what they say, I just really want some information on how long you have to maintain and even if I can have one. if not guess il be saving my pennies. Hope u are well, guna keep trying the meats, might try mince again see if that's ok again and start from there. Thanks for ur advice and ur well wishes kate xxx

top_kat

Its worth trying mince again, and certainly worth going to a butchers rather than a supermarket and asking them to mince the meat more finely. You may find that you maybe able to tolerate turkey more so than chicken or lamb more so than beef (higher fat content can often make the lamb a little easier to digest).

Also, do you eat fish? Because fish, white fish especially is a great source of protein. I often have it cooked and served in ratatouille when I'm on a mushy stage after a band fill, tuna is good, sea bass, sea bream. Also, I don't know if you eat or tolerate prawns, but these are another good source of protein, smaller ones easier to digest than jumbo or king prawns.

But yes, last resort protein shakes or protein water if you're struggling to get solids in . . .

Danielle <3

ahhh thanks for ur advice top kat, really helpful, yeh I like fish so guna give it a whirl, I defo cant tolerate chicken even in gravy :( I have tried it lots and it doesn't like me anymore. turkey I pureed early stages so I might try that again and I am defo going to give the mince ago plus ur right defo nicer from butchers as I like the extra lean. Need to plan meals more for sure as I work my protein in what ever way like u say in a sauce etc. Thanks again and I took ur advice and swapped one litre of squash for one litre of water, small changes and all that but I am determined to loose this 18 lb x