• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weepy, weary and weak...

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
sorry if i sound like a moaning mini but i am feeling just as the title of the thread says...weepy, weary and weak. as some of you already know i am on my pre-op optifast shakes and have been for just over 2 weeks now (with a break on xmas and boxing days) and i am still at work obviously ( i work 3 nights a week and its quite a physical and stressful job). i have started to take centrum a-z vitamins in the hope that that will help and on the advice of some 'lovelies' on here i have upped my water intake. did anyone else feel like this pre-op? and has anyone got any advice for me??? cheers, mermaid xxx

ps. my pre-op assessment is tues 6th and my op is wed 14th x

Hi mermaid, firstly, huge huge hugs for you :hug99:

Days were you feel emotional and tired are common on the pre-op, it's not an easy diet to follow and takes a huge amount of inner strength to complete. However, you have that inner strength. Listen to your body, if you are weepy, then weep, if you are weary, then sleep, and if you are weak, then rest. Think of things that will make you feel better without wearing you out, like a big bubble bath, a short walk, go get a manicure, watch a chick flick, because as well as giving you a pick-me-up, these things will distract you for a while aswell!

I felt like that during my pre-op but I would change weepy to grumpy. I was soooo grumpy, poor hubby did not know what to do with me. It is the low-cal diet that makes us weak, we obviously consume a higher calorie intake before the diet so our bodies are confused and wonder where all the fuel has gone. It is natural to have mood swings as well, less food affects you natural hormone levels. Also, the anticipation/stress of knowing you are going to have surgery can make you a bit crazy. All totally natural and quite common.

Take Shel's advice (I know I always do) and distract/pamper yourself. It really is the best relief for what you are going through. Deep breath, you can do this!!

Best of luck hun:p:p:p

Awww soz to hear you feel crap hun, i'm sure you'll get there in the end though:DI'm dreading doing mine in a few months:confused::confused:

Hi your nearly there now, hang on in there....working shifts especially nights will not help, I work them and know how it makes me feel....just think of the positive that will happen very soon...((hugs))...xx

Back