• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight gain 8 weeks post op

msunique

I have put on this week (4lb) which I dont know how?? Ok I am eating more but no where near enough to put weight on, I am eating carbs now so maybe my body is objecting lol I am also back at work so moving around alot more could it be muscle already?? Any advice greatly received please. Thanks

it's not time of the month is it? i easily put on 7lbs then.

No I thought of that too but thats 2 weeks away!!

It is most likely water retention, as it takes an excess of 3500 calories to gain a pound, and I doubt you've had that many!

Carbs aren't a complete no no, but stick to complex ones (brown rice & pasta, wholemeal bread, sweet potatoes) and aim for 2 parts protein to 1 part carbs at your meals. It's easy to get into bad habits at an early stage which are harder to shake off later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks shel, I have been eating White bread and pasta i have never liked the brown stuff! I haven't been eating anywhere near 3500 calories, I am not over worrying about the extra pounds yet but if next week is the same then I might start stressing

You can retrain yourself to like the 'brown' varietys, if you gradually introduce them by using half brown half white pasta, and 1 slice wholemeal (not brown) 1 slice White (or 50/50) bread and gradually move on to all. They say 10 times becomes a habit, and from there it will become a like! I did it with veggies a few years back, as I was brought up on peas carrot and sweetcorn, and told all the others were horrid. I retrained my brain to like broccoli, mushrooms, mange tout, green beans etc and now I love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back