• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight gain - so ashamed:(

minxie

This is a request for big kick up backside - and a confession - in an effort to get back on track.

I am so disappointed in myself:cry: I have actually gained 5lbs in the last 3 weeks and I know it's because I've lost my way and let lots of rubbish food get back into my diet:(

I am a pretty slow loser at the best of times and I feel like the scales will not go any lower again.....

Since discovering that I am one of the (un)lucky ones who doesn't dump at all I'm afraid my food choices have been pretty bad. I do still concentrate on getting in the protein but I've also been eating bread, butter, cheese, sweets, biscuits and cakes:cry: I know it's been Christmas and this food is everywhere, esp at work where every day we are given several tins of choc or biscuits, but I can't seem to break what has become a habit.

I also wonder whether it's a bit hormonal - I've not had a period for 7 weeks, usually regular as clockwork and wonder if this is the start of menopause - I'm 49. Also I've had two colds in the past 4 weeks so haven't been able to go swimming or to aquarobics which had started to become a regular feature.

HELP!!!!!!! Please give me some stern words/advice/encouragement to get me back to losing again.

Confession over:wave_cry: now time for action!

:asskick: :copon:

How's that!! Now get back to eating properly and leave the crap alone

:rotflmao:

Wow Wendy ... you a dominatrix in your spare time :D:D:D xx

Minxie ... you know what you need to do honey :sigh: get back on that horse & try not to fall off again. :) You have done so well up to now & just when you are in sight of your goal, you scupper yourself ... sound familiar. :wave_cry: Good Luck, sugar xxx

Oooo Minxie, As I was reading your post I absolutely identified with your disappointment in yourself. My weight loss is so slow, I don't dump and i've been eating some bad foods and I know that it is a habit that I'm finding hard to break. I don't think I'm depressed but I do need a push because I haven't got into exercising even though I want to, I just don't seem to have any oomph.

Thanks everyone, today is a new day and all that. So far today I've stuck with the plan and feel better about myself. I've re-read all my paperwork from my op etc and it has re-inspired me and reminded me where I have come from and where I am hoping to go!

It's a nightmare when you aren't a dumper - I also don't dump (except on Cadburys Mini Rolls which I hate anyway!)

Just climb back on the wagon and now all the Xmas stuff is out of the way, fill your fridge and drawers at work with good stuff to eat, I'm sure it wont take long to lose that extra few pounds and a whole load more! :D xxxx

OK all those in need line up........................................................

:copon::copon::whip::whoopass::asskick:

Now take this ....

:gen126::grouphugg::patback::hug99:
New year new start so get yourselves sorted and make it a great year xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone, today is a new day and all that. So far today I've stuck with the plan and feel better about myself. I've re-read all my paperwork from my op etc and it has re-inspired me and reminded me where I have come from and where I am hoping to go!

Hey your not alone...we're all here because of our (bad) relationship with food. I too had a weight gain just before Christmas....

Well done for making the first step and posting here, it really helps doesn't it?

Take credit in what you have acheived already, continue to re read your notes and any food diaries you may have kept when everything was going well...soon you'll be able to go back to swimming again...you enjoyed that....and then before you know you'll be back on track

Keep smiling x x

Hi Minxie

It's really hard when you are surrounded by junk :(

I also mistreated my sleeve with chocolate and junk over the hols and couldn't get into healthy eating until it was all gone and I was back to work :(

I don't know about you but if I start the day eating healthier I find it easier. If I cave early in the day then there is no hope.

I really hope you manage to get into healthy eating again it gives you much more energy and a glow.

We are all with you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Just look back at where you was pre op and where you got to post op. Theres not a food on this planet that would tempt me into going backwards after coming so far forwards. But thats just me. Good luck

Back