• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight gain

Deedee302

I’m going back to L&D today and I should be getting ready for my tier 4. However I know I’ve gained back a few pounds and am worried they process will all be delayed because of this.
It’s no excuse but I’ve had a horrible month.. my 14 year old had an accident and shattered his arm. He needed surgery and I couldn’t stay over because I was too heavy for the pull out bed, it was fine because my husband was there but I felt rubbish about it. I tore a ligament in my leg so I’ve been off my feet for a week and therefore have succumbed to eating a few things I shouldn’t have.
Fingers crossed things go okay today.

Irene44

I’m going back to L&D today and I should be getting ready for my tier 4. However I know I’ve gained back a few pounds and am worried they process will all be delayed because of this.
It’s no excuse but I’ve had a horrible month.. my 14 year old had an accident and shattered his arm. He needed surgery and I couldn’t stay over because I was too heavy for the pull out bed, it was fine because my husband was there but I felt rubbish about it. I tore a ligament in my leg so I’ve been off my feet for a week and therefore have succumbed to eating a few things I shouldn’t have.
Fingers crossed things go okay today.

Hope your boy is on the mend Deedee. You have had some bad luck babe I feel for you that must have been very hard on you I would have reached for the treats too x. It hope it all goes well you for you hun. Lots of hugs xx

Deedee302

Hope your boy is on the mend Deedee. You have had some bad luck babe I feel for you that must have been very hard on you I would have reached for the treats too x. It hope it all goes well you for you hun. Lots of hugs xx

Thank you honey. It has been a bit crap. However I’d only gain 1.5lbs so that’s positively brilliant! Harry is on the mend and my leg is feeling a bit easier so hopefully better times ahead. I’ve been out on to the tier 4 now so next appointment is the one with surgeon, psychologist,dietitian and someone else (can’t remember!) do hopefully not too long a wait. Xxx

Bling Babe

Another step closer xx

Irene44

Thank you honey. It has been a bit crap. However I’d only gain 1.5lbs so that’s positively brilliant! Harry is on the mend and my leg is feeling a bit easier so hopefully better times ahead. I’ve been out on to the tier 4 now so next appointment is the one with surgeon, psychologist,dietitian and someone else (can’t remember!) do hopefully not too long a wait. Xxx

Hopefully all on the upturn for you now. 1.5lbs is nothing sweets so well done Hope everything continues to improve for you all

Jackiesfatplan

Oh 1.5 is nothing to serious when ur dealing with stones id be pleased with that im on tier 4 waiting on surgeons appointment but in my area theres a 10 mnth wait to see surgeon then ill have my bypass 6 to 8 weeks after seeing surgeon so roughly 12 mnths so thats a long time to keep losing /maintaining my weight im struggerling at mo need to give my head a wobble each day is a fresh day hope ur surgery is quicker than mine

Ian2Big

Just make sure that you do not put any more weight on, they are quite strict about this. Stay focused as it might be a while before your next appointment and that final point the meeting with the surgeon and getting that date. Good luck.

sandra overton

Just make sure that you do not put any more weight on, they are quite strict about this. Stay focused as it might be a while before your next appointment and that final point the meeting with the surgeon and getting that date. Good luck.
Hi. Ian how you getting on

Deedee302

I have finally received an appointment for the MDT. the problem is I have definitely regained weight. What can I expect them to say? Will it go against me? Also... for those of you that have been for this appointment what can I expect generally? Xx

Ian2Big

Hi, have to say I put on 5 kg before my MDT, they were not very happy, it also delayed me seeing a surgeon , as they wanted another dietitian appointment in between and to ensure I lost that 5 kg and some more. Never got my dietitian appointment but also they never put me on the surgeons list, so it was only when I chased them up did they sort out an appointment to see a surgeon. That all took another 2 months.
My advice, go back on the milk diet and get as much off as you can before the MDT meeting.

Bling Babe

Yikes... thank you! I’ve got a couple of weeks so that’s a plan. Who do you see at this appointment? I thought you saw the surgeon at this one??
It’s really quite interesting, most of it I knew from research but being with a group of others who were at the same point as I was made for some interesting questions. Stick with the milk and you’ll be fine. Good luck ! X

Sarnie

I'm with the others, do the milk diet to get the excess weight back off so they don't have an excuse to hold you back. Good luck x

Almondenco

I know this is late and you may have already had your appointment, but I asked the same question to my dietician as she said weight gain would go against you in the meeting. I’m on the waitlist for the surgery and I’ve gained 21 lbs since I’ve seen the surgeon so you’re in a better position than me lol!

Edit: I received a call saying I've got a date for surgery. I told them that I gained 2 stone over Christmas but they advised it shouldn't be a problem and to just lose as much as possible on the pre-op diet.

Last edited: