• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss in first 8 weeks?

This may be a silly question but can you see and feel the weight loss after a 2 stone loss?

I've lost over 8 stone since the start of my journey nearly two years ago I lost 6 1/2 Stone before my bypass and 2 stone since so yes you can see and feel the last two stone because I haven't got as much to lose as I did at the start, if that makes any sense at all.

Yeah I can imagine the smaller you are the more obvious it is. After my pre op 10lb loss I thought id be able to feel/see it somewhere but nope? Hopefully ill notice the difference soon.

What about the first 2 stone?

It's hard to tell on yourself, I was 22 stone and no, in all honesty I couldn't really tell before I went under 19 stone, but everyone's different.

Keep your spirits up it's the long haul, this time next year you'll be a Sylph x

Im only 6 days post op hehe ^-^ would like to see me get below 20 stone by Christmas? I was 22 st before pre op.
Thank you :) Good to know so I wont be disappointed!

Early days, and I don't see why not, it's really fast to start with just don't be down on yourself if you don't.

Lol good luck though it's all very exciting xx

Nope :) I never weighed myself before, was never bothered about weight. Went on clothes size really.
Santa can bring me a money tree so I can buy some gorgeous new clothes once the loss starts to become more apparent! :D

Ahh yes of Santa has a spare money free I will gladly take it off his hands! I can't see myself as any different at all yet, although I do notice that my clothes are either falling off me (size 20) or becoming very loose (size 16). People that I haven't seen for a while notice i have lost weight and tell me how good im looking, but I honestly don't see it.., yet!! I guess that it will take my mind a little while to catch up with my body....

Good luck Flickalicious with your journey. X

Wow, I bet shrinking out of a size 16 must be such as exciting feeling!? I really hope I manage to lose enough for the same to happen to me :) Do you have a weight/size in mind that you'd be happy with?

What size were you to begin with if you dont mind me asking?
Im currently 22/24 on top and 26/28 on bottoms :( I cant wait to buy clothes with a '1' in front instead of a '2' or a '3' !!!

Hi Flick,

I started the pre op diet at 15stone 7lb and a size 20. Im only 5ft 2" so you can imagine i didn't carry it that well.
My goal weight is 9stone 7lb, I'm almost half way there :) as for size I will be over the moon to be a size 12, I have this gorgeous Karen Millen suit I wore on my 21st birthday, and thats my goal outfit. I keep looking at it and how tiny it looks and imagining wearing it again.

What about you, what are your goals? And just follow your providers rules, listen to your body and you'll get where you need to. X

Hi Blond bomb, I'm the same as you.. 3 weeks post op and weight loss is really slow. I can tell in my clothes that I am loosing, but scales say different.. Hubby has now hidden scales till after my 8week check up x

Back