• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass - no loss for two weeks - help!

alberqueque

Hello fellow losers, i am 8 weeks post bypass now and so far have lost 31 pounds including Liver diet. last week i put a pound on - but i had been eating some high calorific foods so learnt my lesson and have had a really healthy week with two hours brisk walking and lots of gardening. Got weighed today and only lost the pound i put on last week.

I am concerned and disappointed and was wondering if anyone can give any advice or thoughts

thanks all xx

Hi there, it is possible for weight from eating high calories not to show up immediately but over a longer period of time.

Also as you have been execising, you may have added muscle which weighs more.

And one last thing, you are early days and your body is still adjusting. 2lbs is really nothing in the big grand scheme of things.;)

Sorry to hear this Jan. Mintball has just started a similar thread today as she seems to have hit a bit of a plateau too. Perhaps post what you are eating and the post oppers can give you some advice.

hey jan,

just found this thread and thought i'd say hi cos i've gone 2 weeks without losing anything and its so disheartening. I've changed a couple of things this week so i'll let you know if it worked x x x

i lost 4 lb this week and all i changed was swapping sandwiches for protein based salad - still had a butty a couple of days this week x x x

i lost 4 lb this week and all i changed was swapping sandwiches for protein based salad - still had a butty a couple of days this week x x x

How do manage sandwiches after the bypass?
I might be naive but I thought that you couldn't
eat that stuff any more, especially so soon after
your op!

xXx

How do manage sandwiches after the bypass?
I might be naive but I thought that you couldn't
eat that stuff any more, especially so soon after
your op!

xXx

Hi Snow, some people can manage bread no problem post op, while for others its a struggle. A little bread is fine as part of an overall balanced diet.

I can only eat wholemeal bread and the small slices, I dont eat it too often though...it needs to be chewed well...white bread is a no no for me...xx

i'm ok with all bread as long as its not too thick, been fine with it for ages really but need to get out of habit of relying on butties for lunch and prepare stuff in advance x x x

Back