• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss on pre op

saffrons

well my bloods are now ok... due to my meds which i have had to stop, and am starting a liquid diet tomorrow until surgery. i will get my date on wednesday should be two weeks after consult.. how much weight did you lose on pre op? am scared i wont lose any weight and that my liver won't shrink in 11 days/ two weeks. is that enough time? i am getting scared as it comes closer!

Follow the rules that they set you for your pre op diet and you won't be able to do anything but lose weight and reduce the size of your liver.
I was on the low carb 100 cal per day diet and I lost 11lbs in my 2 weeks per op.
Just do as you are asked to and you will be fine.

Good luck I'm currently on day 6 of my milk and yoghurt diet I weighed I'n yesterday on day 5 and I had lost 11lb so u will lose weight Hun and I'm sure ur liver be lovely and small all the best xx

You will be fine lovey but its so normal to worry at this stage. I was just the same as i found dieting pre op so hard.
I lost 12lb in 10 days on the milk diet...the weight will drop of you each day...its a great feeling. Good luck love and try not to worry, your surgeon knows whats best for you and your liver will be so small and soft for you wls. xxxx

just stick to the diet and all will be well and you will lose weight and most importantly your liver will shrink so your stomach will be easier to get to all the best
i lost 22kg on my pre opp diet which i done for 6 weeks

Back