• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

exante.... slimfast etc

saffrons

I should be having my sleeve done in jan hopefully on the nhs. i was thinking between now and then to have two meal replacement shakes and one low carb low fat meal a day along with milk and water, does anyone have any thoughts on this. i would like to lose some weight and help shrink my liver before the op...

I was going to do the slimfast plan, but after talking to the dietician. She said its the worst thing to do. We have to learn to eat healthy and your not mentally preparing your mind for after surgery, and they are only a short term fix.

Ultimately its up to you hun x

im thinking of doing it so i can lose as much weight as possible before the surgery, i am prepared for life after surgery as i had a band for 2 years so im not worried about how i will be after. i just dont like the idea of not losing a good chunk of weight beforehand, my surgeon has told me that the more weight i lose the better and has given me the all clear to start a pre-op way in advance just wondering if anyone else has done one for a few months and what kind of weight loss they had. x

I agree with the others that healthy eating, when you can of course, is the way forward.

I have been trying to lose weight pre op. I have been doing what your wanting to do only because im trying to keep of food as much a poss to lose as much weight as possible before my op in Dec.

I understand what they mean about the food bit but once i start eating i find ill have a bit more of this or that, and it all adds up doesnt it?

I have been having!

Breakfast
Milky coffee and slimfast

Lunch
The same

Tea
High protien meal with salad
Yogurt
Fruit

Snacks
Fruit
I just think that this will make starting the milk and yogurt diet a bit easier too. Good Luck xxx

hi saffron, what about following a low g.i. type of eating plan, that way you will lose some weight but also be getting used to the foods you will probably be eating after your op, so it wont be quite a shock to your system. where abouts in manchester are you, there are a few of us from manchester on here, we were 'done' at salford royal (hope). good luck on what you decide to do hun, hugs xx

hi the main reason i want to be so strict is that i have no self control i just cant stick to a "diet" so by cutting food out it seems easier. like sugga said its too easy to allow the odd bad thing that then increases and round in a circle i go. im in the quays, will be getting done at spire, but was thinking of going to one of the salford royal meets. x

Back