• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss prior to meeting consultant

susielicious

Hi everyone
I am meeting with my consultant on tues at spire Wirral for discussion around a band. It will be self funding as I have borrowed from my mortgage. One thing I did notice was that they charge by bmi. I had a bmi of 44.9 when I visited the gp 2 weeks ago (heavy scales) and less when I saw the nurse last week (different docs scales). I rang the hospital to see if the op cost is negotiable (cheeky b aren't I) and it isn't but that was worth a try. Anyway what I am saying is if I loose I bit more weight I might qualify for the cheaper op!!
So here goes...

Monday
rang to book appointment.
Started low carb diet.
Joined myfittnesspal and downloaded bmi apps.
Good diet day and exercise.
Weight in morning 111.5kg.
Tuesday
Good diet day and exercise.
Weight in morning 109.8kg.
Wednesday
Good diet no exercise
Weight in morning 109.3kg.
Thursday (today)
Weight in morning 108.6kg.

I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily as I fluctuate but this week I can't resist. I need to weigh 101kg to save £1000!!!!

Does anyone think this can be done???
Any tips?

To loose 8 kg in 5 days ;)
Wish me luck
Sue

You would only lose that if you went on a strict liquid diet. Drink plenty of water and it will flush out the liver xx

It's a tall order on any diet. 7-14 days would be needed usually on even liquids

Good luck hun hope u manage to loose that much ;) n good luck for ur op ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Does anyone think this can be done???
Any tips?

To loose 8 kg in 5 days ;)

It isn't quite that simple though is it Sue? You've already lost 3kg in 4 days, so you've already lost the 'easy' water weight that goes off quickly at the start of a diet.

Hoping to lose another 8kg in the next 5 days is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Their scales may well weigh different from both yours and your GP's scales (and if you think about it, if they charge more for a heavier start weight, isn't there the teensiest bit incentive for them to have them on the 'heavy' side?)

Far better to do as Louise has already suggested and delay the consultation until you are safely under the 101kg mark, without resorting to starvation methods.

I'm sure you'll do whatever you think best, but please don't put your body under unnecessary stress at a time you need to be firing on all cylinders.

I went private but they didn't charge by weight, set price for all....not heard of it done this way before!

FuturePerfect said:
It isn't quite that simple though is it Sue? You've already lost 3kg in 4 days, so you've already lost the 'easy' water weight that goes off quickly at the start of a diet.

Hoping to lose another 8kg in the next 5 days is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Their scales may well weigh different from both yours and your GP's scales (and if you think about it, if they charge more for a heavier start weight, isn't there the teensiest bit incentive for them to have them on the 'heavy' side?)

Far better to do as Louise has already suggested and delay the consultation until you are safely under the 101kg mark, without resorting to starvation methods.

I'm sure you'll do whatever you think best, but please don't put your body under unnecessary stress at a time you need to be firing on all cylinders.

I agree on the incentive to be honest. And everything else :)

I know and am concerned about the difference in scales. At the end of the day I am eating like a good girl and exercising moderately and if I show that I am keen to try they might reconsider the difference in prices. However, there has to be a cut off point somewhere and if they can't count my weigh in on Tuesday or if as I suspect I don't loose enough this week then I will pay the extra grand (eek!). I have made my mind up about this procedure and it can't happen soon enough.
Sometimes I feel like skipping but am too fat!!!! Haha

susielicious said:
I know and am concerned about the difference in scales. At the end of the day I am eating like a good girl and exercising moderately and if I show that I am keen to try they might reconsider the difference in prices. However, there has to be a cut off point somewhere and if they can't count my weigh in on Tuesday or if as I suspect I don't loose enough this week then I will pay the extra grand (eek!). I have made my mind up about this procedure and it can't happen soon enough.
Sometimes I feel like skipping but am too fat!!!! Haha

As long as you are happy, that is all that matters :D

It's Tuesday already...

I went private but they didn't charge by weight, set price for all....not heard of it done this way before!
same here, sounds strange to me! who are you with susie?

Yeah they charge by bmi. I know it's a pain. I didn't loose enough weight in time to save a grand but wth I'm having a band fitted anyway.
I followed the pre op diet as directed for this last week and did well loosing 3kg in a week. I am pleased with that as my bmi has moved to 42.3.
My date is next Monday!! How quick is that?

susielicious said:
Yeah they charge by bmi. I know it's a pain. I didn't loose enough weight in time to save a grand but wth I'm having a band fitted anyway.
I followed the pre op diet as directed for this last week and did well loosing 3kg in a week. I am pleased with that as my bmi has moved to 42.3.
My date is next Monday!! How quick is that?

Wow!! Exciting!!!

Great news Hun good luck x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back