• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss!

Everyone on here is so helpful! I'm only just beginning to learn about what life post op will really be like but your own experiences and advice are preparing me brilliantly for what's to come, thank you!

Rosie, keep smiling love xx :hug99:

Hi Rosie, I just wanted to say Please try and keep your chin up hun, It will work for you and really you are still very early days and not being able to go to the toilet won't help, Try taking somthing for that if your feeling bloated, I also think that your Not eating enough, I think you really do need to Up your protein, I know it must be hard because you say you don't like fish or meat, but Try some cheese, Beans, Nuts, Milky Coffees, Do You not even like shell fish? I have Prawns in shells everyday for my protein and sit with the box on my knee shelling them and eating them lol, I really enjoy my shell food and fish now.
I really hope your feel better soon, It will get better for you and you will lose the weight. My advise is to Eat More. (((Hugs)))

Oh how I wish I did like fish, life would be so much easier.

I made the family (quorn) mince and dumplings for tea today, and I kept some of the mince back for me for the weekend, I am going to try and eat some 3-4 times per day for a few days.

I also decided to tackle the constipation and got glycerin suppositories. Not everyones cup of tea but as a nurse I have done millions on others so probably a bit easier for me. Anyway, first one today and it worked, so fingers crossed that will help with that little problem.

What could help with the bloating? Something natural... would something like actimel? Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks again everyone

Rx

Hi Rose, I had my bypass the day after you. Our starting BMI is similar and we have lost a similar amount of weight. I am chuffed with my weight loss and think you may be expecting too much hun.

With regards the toilet - I havent had any troubles as yet, but I am making sure I drink plenty. Ive only moved onto sloppy foods since Monday and its nice that my poo finally has some consistency to it (sorry for TMI) before that it was basically liquid.

Try not to be so hard on yourself hun - and make sure you are drinking the recommended 2l a day. It really helps.

Hi sambucca,

are you on pureed food or soft food? I am still on puree for 3 more weeks! Why is there such wide variation between providers I wonder?

Rx

Hi sambucca,

are you on pureed food or soft food? I am still on puree for 3 more weeks! Why is there such wide variation between providers I wonder?

Rx

I've been on purée since Monday but strictly speaking I'm supposed to be still on liquids

have you tried gripe water. worked like a dream for me. also what aout incorporating some beans into yr diet for more protien.
what kind of things did you eat pre op as a vegitarian?

I will be getting some Gripe water today, believe me I will try anything!

I was a big carbs eater pre op. Lots of pasta, potato, rice... all of which I am not going to have now I have had the op. I do like beans, so I am going to try and have more beans too. I have mixed some red kidney beans into the quorn mince so I am going to have those pureed today sometime. I am also going to try and drink some more in the hope that something will trigger something somewhere! I am so looking forward to moving onto the stage where I don't have to blend everything, just mash it, but I am a few weeks away from that yet.

Thanks again for all your replies, everyone here is so helpful.

Rx

Well I went to see my provider today, and have lost 1st 7lb since the op (4 weeks saturday) so they have told me to stop being silly about not losing enough.

I knew I had lost over a stone in the first week (when I was taken back into hospital for 4 nights), but not lost a lot (if any) since then. Maybe my body is just adjusting again, I don't know.

SO I have to hope it starts up again, as I am seeing her again in 4 weeks.

Rx

Well I went to see my provider today, and have lost 1st 7lb since the op (4 weeks saturday) so they have told me to stop being silly about not losing enough.

I knew I had lost over a stone in the first week (when I was taken back into hospital for 4 nights), but not lost a lot (if any) since then. Maybe my body is just adjusting again, I don't know.

SO I have to hope it starts up again, as I am seeing her again in 4 weeks.

Rx

Hi!!!

I've just PM'd you!

I lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks. I'm really chuffed. Don't be down about it. Wendy told me that once I'm back on "normal" foods that is when the weight loss really takes off for the first 2 or 3 months.

xxx

I'm not down, I am chuffed with what I have lost so far and keeping positive that it will continue.
She told me not to eat carbs, but as a vegetarian I am gonna find that hard!
Rx

Rose thats fab, I've lost 21lbs as well and my weightloss seems to have started moving again. I think our bodies just need to get used to each stage of the journey. Shes right about the carbs though be careful! I struggle to fit in all the veg and protein never mind having any room for carbs lol xx

wow thats fab!! keep going...I thought myself that once i'm back at work and in a 'normal' routine that the weight will move quicker and its obviously working for you. Have people noticed yet? they have with me and its a fab feeling..

xxx

My husband kept saying the same thing "wait til you get back to work", and it is true, I went back last Monday.

People at work have noticed, others haven't yet though, and my jeans are definitely looser... I need a belt :)

Back