• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein Needs Post-op - Scientific Explanation

hello can you help , how much protien and were do you get it from each day, what i mean is what exacly do you eat and the amount of said food to get your max protien intake , im struggling to know amounts of protien foods to get the right amount of protien hope that makes sense xx

hello can you help , how much protien and were do you get it from each day, what i mean is what exacly do you eat and the amount of said food to get your max protien intake , im struggling to know amounts of protien foods to get the right amount of protien hope that makes sense, i know what foods the protien comes from but for example how much protien in an ounce of chicken xxx

Pre-op I wouldn't have touched fish with a bargepole, but now I'm so desperate to get my protein in that I'm eating it most days. Weird thing is that it actually tastes better than it used to.
I get my protein from fish, cheese and milk at present. I probably don't have enough though.

Google food sources of protein for lists of things you might not have thought of. Ideally you should be aiming for 80g of protein per day. You can use a website like myfitnesspal or foodfocus to log your intake and see the breakdown of protein/carbs etc. Don't assume that 50g of chicken is 50g of protein as it doesn't work that way.

At each meal eat protein first, then veg/salad, and lastly carbs if still hungry. Make sure your snacks are protein based, such as yoghurt, nuts, cheese etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Keep coming back to this thread and re-reading...... I feel the reason I haven't been as successful as some is because I haven't eaten as much protein as I should :(

First time I have seen this post :) brilliant and it does take some reading but we'll worth it as a DS person I try to get the correct amount of protein but sometimes not as much as I should but will definitely remember this post and make sure I get it right :)

hello can you help , how much protien and were do you get it from each day, what i mean is what exacly do you eat and the amount of said food to get your max protien intake , im struggling to know amounts of protien foods to get the right amount of protien hope that makes sense, i know what foods the protien comes from but for example how much protien in an ounce of chicken xxx

If you log onto my fitness pal and log your food intake it works out the protein for you. Animal products gives you your highest protein xx

Back