• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve Weight training - guidance please

I really need to increase weight training. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I can do at home please? I'm clueless! xx

Thanks for that. Argos trip coming up! xx

Got me some of those kettle weights! I also got some wrist and ankle weights and some Davina McCall dumbells. The delivery guy has just brought them (pretty good as I only ordered them yesterday!) He must think I'm potty, because I had to get off the treadmill to open the door to him - you can imagine what I looked like!:whacky068: :character00116:

Mind you, this is the same delivery guy who got more than an eyeful when I opened the door to him whilst just wearing a bath towel - poor devil! :eek: xx

Kettle bells are great but make sure you get a video or something to show you the proper technique. You have to swing by thrusting from your hips to give the thing momentum, back straight and arms straight or you can hurt yourself...and hang on tight so you don't fling it through any windows! I have an 8kg one and do 8 sets of 15 swings and it works everything, core, arms and even my butt and thighs feel it.

I think one of the sky channels , a fitness one , has a kettle bell workout show...maybe someone knows what channel I'm on about! Might even be able to look up proper technique on youtube or some fitness site on the web...say like a manufacturers site like "York"

I've ordered some dvds from Amazon. The weights come with a wallchart - but I'd like to see some 'live action' xx

Got me some of those kettle weights! I also got some wrist and ankle weights and some Davina McCall dumbells. The delivery guy has just brought them (pretty good as I only ordered them yesterday!) He must think I'm potty, because I had to get off the treadmill to open the door to him - you can imagine what I looked like!:whacky068: :character00116:

Mind you, this is the same delivery guy who got more than an eyeful when I opened the door to him whilst just wearing a bath towel - poor devil! :eek: xx

Lmao ! That did make me giggle.

I'm going to get some as well this week and take them camping with me :D

OMG - kettlebell weights! I think I may need to go back to bed! Seriously though, I've only done ten minutes with them so far but I can definitely see how they will work! xx

OMG - kettlebell weights! I think I may need to go back to bed! Seriously though, I've only done ten minutes with them so far but I can definitely see how they will work! xx

Haha , they're an amazing invention. Well done on 10 mins though , thats pretty good going x

I am REALLY suffering for my ten minutes now! I think I'll have to ease in a little more gradually xx

My dvds arrived today. Won't get a chance to do look at them properly until tomorrow, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be aching by the weekend!

I had my 3 month post-op check up today and the dr was amazed when I told him that I was actually managing to exercise for an hour a day (not all in one go!!) xx

Back