• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight worries 3 weeks post op

lg2012

Hi all
3 weeks post op yesterday and been weighing myself every tuesday so last tuesday i had lost 1st12lb and then yesterday weighed myself and ive stayed the same :( worried im doin something wrong how could i of stayed the same in week 3! Hope someone can help. Sorry to be a pain. Xx

Hi hun from reading other posts it willbe your body just catching up hun. Starvation mode i think its called. im sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon. dont worry hun that wont help. xx

I'm 5 wks post bypass and I'm still the same as the day I came out of hospital. My dietitian said it happens and one of her other patients didn't lose for 8 wks and then lost ok so don't worry she said. it helped at the time but now its annoying me again. Hope your scales start moving soon :)

Thanks for your replys.

I suppose i juat assumed because ive bad this op you loose quite easily at first. Was just worried i had done something wrong.

Thanks for the reassurance xx

I am nearly four weeks post op, not lost a lb according to the scales.

Everyone says I look like I have lost weight, my clothes are starting to go loose on me. Makes no sense to me :)

I am exactly the same :( so we are all in it together! I am just over 3 weeks post bypass and weigh the same as when I got home from hospital.
Everyone says don't worry but it is depressing!

I am just over 4 weeks post op and in my 3rd week I lost nothing. I read a lot of people online saying there is a typical '3 week' stall that passes quickly. I also know just from general previous dieting that week three is a non lose week.

I focused on upping my calories a bit and really watching my carbs and i lost 5 pounds again the next week, and this week I am down a pound so far.

Hope that helps!

If in doubt Cherub, you could always ring Sara Close and tell about your situation. I'm sure a huge weight drop will happen depending if you're upping on the protien/ water intake etc, toilet duties ok and gentle activity.

I have spoken to Sara she said it happens a lot and keep off the scales!!
Its hard to do that lol I know it must come off eventually because I am eating correctly, drinking well and doing at least 30 mins exercise a day. Toilet activities is another matter lol

Well I was really woried concerning constipation as nothing happened whilst in hosp. Ok now though, but if thats an issue, I'd up on the veg/ fiber intake. Just to ensure your body is doing everything it can correctly for the weight to start and shift. Best of luck hun, it'll happen. xx

I upped my cals, aiming for 1000 but yesterday only about 450 :( and 550 average so a long way to go and have to eat a snack before bed to get cals in and I now get about 45g of protein BUT my scales moved today yayyy.

I think my stalls maybe down to protein,water and lack of cals. How much is everyone else getting?

Back