• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weightloss at 6 months????

Porpo

Hi guys,

I've not been on here for ages as I've been a bit down about my weightloss. Until Feb I was losing a stone a month but then it dropped back in March I lost 9lb and then in April I only lost 5lbs. How much is anyone else losing at this stage??

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mine was similar Porpo. I lost 2 stone in the first month, then a stone a month for next 3 months. Has been on average 1/2 stone a month since then, except this month. This has been a good month for some reason and Ive lost over a stone.

As long as you are still following the rules the weight will continue to come off hun. Try not to worry, or to compare too much to others. Youve lost a huge amount so far. x

Thanks Sam - it's a bit depressing after losing so much to start with. Especially as I am able to eat more now too so I'm terrified of it stopping or even going back the other way.
x

I am losing on average 1lb a week now (8 months post op), with some weeks where I stay the same, and I have gained a pound twice since surgery, and the odd week where I lose 4lb.

Everyone is different, and as long as you continue to make good choices, because you are right, we can eat more, and continue to drink the fluids, it will keep working for you.

I have just started to introduce exercise to try and give my weight loss a boost, strengthen my muscles and tone up my skin (tho I think that is a lost cause), and i am finding I am more hungry so I know for a few weeks things might go a bit wrong with the weightloss, but overall things are still going in the right direction.

You are doing brilliant, just stay focussed and you will get there xx

I'm losing about a stone a month too from the 6 month on period.

I think that's a nice steady loss. Although I have stalled a couple of times.

My average is 1-2lbs a week with some weeks being higher than that. I consider myself a slow loser because my numbers are quite a lot lower than other 'done' around the same time as me but I really dont care, the weight is coming off and that is all that matters.
You are doing good, keep your chin up and keep pushing forward.
Steph xx

You have to take into account how much people had to loose to start with, if they are male or female and the amount of activity they do.

It will be different for almost everyone.

I loose the odd lb now, most weeks i stay the same, sometimes im up a lb... i go between 11 stone and 11 stone 4.

I dont exercise... tut tut, and never really did. My weight has been this way for about 2 months so my weightloss slowed at abouyt 10 months, untill then i was loosing about 10lbs a month

.x.

You have to take into account how much people had to loose to start with, if they are male or female and the amount of activity they do.

It will be different for almost everyone.

I loose the odd lb now, most weeks i stay the same, sometimes im up a lb... i go between 11 stone and 11 stone 4.

I dont exercise... tut tut, and never really did. My weight has been this way for about 2 months so my weightloss slowed at abouyt 10 months, untill then i was loosing about 10lbs a month

.x.

That's what I thought and as I'm only half way to target I still want to lose another 8 stone and I didn't think it would slow down as much as this as soon as this. I'm stepping up the gym and hoping that will help. I know it doesnt help to compare but I'm just wondering whether this is normal or whether I need to change what I'm doing.
x

it might be time for you to up your cals? i hit a stall and as soon as i upped my cals i started loosing again.

how many are you having a day?

.x.

Hi Porpo, that is exactly how I feel. I have lost just under 5 stone since october but since the beginning of April I have stayed the same. I feel I am starting to obsess about it now and I thought after the bypass I wouldn't need to do it. I am still sticking to the rules 90% so I know I need to improve. I'm also having the odd mint humbug which I know is no good for me. I really must get a grip.

Good luck in the rest of your journey, you're doing fab.

I'm very similar to Rose in my pattern of weight loss but i guess at 8 months post op and nearly 8 stone gone it balances out at average. There are some weeks now i don't lose now but others i lose one or two pounds. I've been lucky not to have gained anything so far. I do need to increase my exercise as i haven't been good on that side at all. Porpo you are doing really well so don't get down you are certainly still on the right track xx

I'm very similar to Rose in my pattern of weight loss but i guess at 8 months post op and nearly 8 stone gone it balances out at average. There are some weeks now i don't lose now but others i lose one or two pounds. I've been lucky not to have gained anything so far. I do need to increase my exercise as i haven't been good on that side at all. Porpo you are doing really well so don't get down you are certainly still on the right track xx

Hi Gaelic Girl
Our surgery date and weight loss so far are almost the same!
Rx

Back