• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well...I've had it done!!!

Mrs V

Loves Life!
On Friday last week, I had a lapband fitted.
My problem isn't quality of food, far from it....it's quantity. If for example on the SW diet it tells us that chicken is a free food and is good for you, my thought was to eat loads of it!
I am sure that others of you on here have done exactly the same and for me I felt there was no other option than to go ahead with this proceedure.
Yes, it hurts, but it's more like an annoying stitch pain than agony!
I have come from the Hospital armed with my soluble paracetamol and Voltarol suppositories, ready to face the world!

I feel ashamed to admit that I weighed in at 20stones 7lbs before this operation and as this is now a life change for me, I have many battles to face, before I reach a goal.

My only dissapointment, is that I cannot lift my 2 year old Daughter to give her a decent cuddle. She thinks that by kissing Mummy's tummy everything is going to be ok, but she rubs my scars! - bless her!

Anyway....I just wanted to say. Good luck to anyone who is considering weight loss surgery and if anyone wants to ask me any questions about the proceedure, please feel free to email me and I will try and answer you as quickly as I can.

Take care,

Kerry-Ann

Just wanted to say I hope you feel ok and get the results you want.
It doesn`t matter what your weight is, you are doing something about it for you.

Hi Kerry Ann

Sounds like you're coping very well with it so far, your little one sounds cute, bless her! Don't worry you'll be giving her the most amazing cuddles once all that weight drops off you!

So what's a typical day's menu like for you at this early stage?

All the best!

Oh Mrs V I have missed you!!! I wondered where you were (put out a couple of caller threads for you and Dobbie a while back) I have changed my user name from Akersv and hopped on to SW but apart from that nothing else has changed. I hope your road to recovery is speedy, I have no doubt that you will achieve all your dreams. I admire your dogged determination, whether it was SW, CD or surgery you knew what you wanted and found a solution that works for you. Good luck hun. Please keep in touch, I'd love to know how you are getting on.
Lots of love Vxx

Hiya. I hope you heal quickly and get the weight off and keep it off. Aw bless your little girl. Soon you'll be running around with her.:)

hi mrs v im really interested in the differences between the band and the bypass, i had my bypass a month ago... im on sloppy foods now... luckily no dumping but i was sick after a bit of chicken got stuck... on the band did u have to go on liquids then purees? do u get sick if u dont chew well or eat too much?? how often do u have to go for a refill? whats the weightloss like.... sorry for the spanish inquisition lol....

Hi all,

Sorry not been around. Work is limiting out internet access, so unless I come on when I come home (very rarely with a 2 year old!!), I cant get here as much as I would like.

In answer to your questions:
I did go privately, cost was £7,500.00 in this country, although you can have it done in the EU, I felt that for me, I would rather be in this country incase something went wrong.
At the moment, I am still on the liquids stage...fruit juice, shakes and soups..oh and prune juice!! I cant wait for next week, when I can start to have some scrambled egg and mushy foods!!!
I had the operation on the 29th February and so far, I have managed to loose 18lbs. 4 out of 5 of my stiches are out and its just the port one left to unpeel! (sorry if you are eating when you read this!!)
My Little one has been great, she knows that Mummy cannot lift her for a while and has had to be quite independant for the last 2 weeks, but now we are back to full blown cuddles!

Thank you all for your emails...I am still here, just not as often and I will try to keep you all updated (gory bits too!) on my progress.

Take care all and good luck with your journeys too.

Kerry-Ann
xxxx

Way to go Mrs V! Lovely to hear your progress. Vxx

Good to hear you are doing well.

Wow, fantastic loss in only 13 days! Go you!!! :D

Hello... it's good to hear you're doing well. I was booked in to have a lapband fitted but backed out a few weeks before. I am now on LL to see if I can shift the weight that way. Are you having any issues with your port site? Is it visible or under the skin?

Hi Kerry-Ann,

It is good to hear from you and I am delighted everything is going very well and congratulations on your fantastic weight loss!!!:happy096:

Please be sure to keep us updated when you have the time as I would love to know how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

Hope things are going ok for you :hug99:

Back