• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well that was easy.

ladylite

Well today I went to see a friend whom I thought was gonna give me loads of stick regarding my WLS surgery.

I went there armed and strong ready for her disagreement, and blow me down she was as nice as pie. She admitted that she was a wee bit envious as we have been fatties together, but other than that wished me well. She had made a lovely lunch for my hubbie and I, and which I could not eat cause of the milk diet, and didnt try to force anything on me. If I had said I was on a diet she would of tried to persuade me but as I said I was having surgery Monday she was brill. I could get used to this.

I sometimes think we see things that arent there and expect the worse. So far I havnt met anyone who has objected, to my face that it.:rolleyes:

I do worry about my fat friends whom I love and how they will react to the new me. WLS is different to going on a diet as you have a lot more chance of succeeding.

Anyway I was very pleasantly surprised, as this part of it was worrying me.

ahh thats lovely to hear, true friends will wish you well hun x

Thats so nice. I'm so pleased your friend is supporting you. It's so hard to judge what other peoples reaction will be.

I told a friend (very slim friend) yesterday that I was planning weight loss surgery. She was lovely, said she'd never realised I was so stressed over my weight. She supports me fully and has offered help with the children etc.

I told another friend (bigger than me friend) today what my plans were. Her reply "well those things don't work, you can still put it back on", she was really quite nasty.

I think the friend I told today is a little bit jealous! :rolleyes:

I had the same all my friends supported me and very helpful, all except one who is very much larger than me i had my op 3 weeks today and she still has not come to see me or phoned to see how i am, and she only lives 2 doors away from me. This has upset me as we was so close like mum and daughter, her husband has been to see me and is supportive, they are both retired so its not like they are at work all the time.
Sorry had to vent as this is playing on my mind, at least i know who my friends are. I have met some wonderful people from this forum, and just love chatting to you all. xx
I am pleased for you Mary that your friend was supportive and understanding. Not long now for you babes.

hope all goes well on monday. This op makes you realise just who your friends are. we move every couple of years with my husbands job and i thought i had a good group of friends where we r now but since i had the op on 24/3/10 i havent heard anything from any of them. if i bump into them in the shop they say "i'll come up and see you" then there is no sign of them until the next time i bump into them. my family are supportive but as they live in the uk im 2500 miles away its hard.

I do worry about my fat friends whom I love and how they will react to the new me. WLS is different to going on a diet as you have a lot more chance of succeeding.

Anyway I was very pleasantly surprised, as this part of it was worrying me.[/QUOTE]

I worry about my fat friends too LL... Their acceptance of a new me is very important to me... My fat friends have been through thick with me but never thin! I hope this changes xx

Yes I think that is what I mean when I say I worry. I may shed the lbs but I will never forget how they affected my life so will always still care for them, just hope it doesnt change.

Back