• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well I've probably blown it now!

DaisyMaesy

I have tried to find where I might be on the waiting list and it is unlikely to be before June.
I saw red at this so I called the PCT, spoke to a lovely chap who explained that the hospital has already had the money for the op since July 2010.
This means that my Dr cannot refer me elsewhere. Other hospitals have operated or are about to operate on people who have been referred long after me.
So I phoned Pals who are going to get in touch with the surgey manager to find out why the delay (10 days to respond)
The C&W seem to have no method or system to their appointments and bookings.
I have had my pre op and not having op until June (If I am lucky!). If this is the case why do the pre op assessment? What a waste of money if they have to do it again! Bizarre!
I know I said I would not get impatient but when you find that others referred after you are being operated in it is a real pain.
I have also found out while writing this that my friend has her date at said hospital and I saw the surgeon before her. I am so pleased for her but really annoyed that they don't have a proper waiting list and seem to pick and choose who to operate on. So we will see what there expalnation is.
Rant over! Still peed off though

i am afraid i waited nearly 3 years for my op from first visit to hospital, i will say i did have a couple of probs on way even without these i would of waited 18 months, but believe me its worth the weight use this time to learn as much as you can and prepare yourself for this op.
wishing you all the best xx

If I was still going through the system then I would not feel so annoyed. I have attended all sessions and appointments etc. The hospital has the money for this op since July last year so I cannot change hospitals. They are refusing to refer patients elsewhere even though they are way behind and are operating on patients behind me on the waiting list (not because of any additional problems that may bring them forward I hasten to add!)
I think it the feeling of powerlessness that is so annoying

Sorry to hear of your dissapointment and I hope PALS can get to the bottom of the problem for you x

Were they able to say why other people were going before you? Is it because they need to factor in a bed in the high dependency unit for you perhaps? Remember that everyone has different care needs. Perhaps the team have decided that your op should be done by a particular surgeon, whereas others can be done by any of them? Hope you get the surgery soon. It's not so long til June though hon. It will fly by and think of it as an extra few months to get prepared and make yourself as fit as possible for the surgery.

Were they able to say why other people were going before you? Is it because they need to factor in a bed in the high dependency unit for you perhaps? Remember that everyone has different care needs. Perhaps the team have decided that your op should be done by a particular surgeon, whereas others can be done by any of them? Hope you get the surgery soon. It's not so long til June though hon. It will fly by and think of it as an extra few months to get prepared and make yourself as fit as possible for the surgery.

I was going to say exactly the same. I do know how upsetting it is for you Carol. If it's June, it's really not that long ? You could use the time to weed your wardrobe of things you know you're never going to need to wear again (eg: your winter clothes !), get some clothes in some smaller sizes if you haven't already got them in your wardrobe, prepare what to take into hospital, stock a post-op larder, research post-op menus to make eating more interesting... I'm sure the time will fly by and you'll be starting your pre-op diet before you know it ! xxx

It really is annoying when you get delayed for your surgery by admin muck-ups! PALS were really good for me when I cantacted them so hopefully they will be the same for you. Hope you get something sorted hun and I can understand how ****** off you must be (HUG) XX

I think I would be feeling very cross too. The least you need is an explanation as to why people referred after you are having their ops before you. If their explanation is satisfactory, maybe that will give your patience a much-needed boost! June isn't so far away though. Though I'm sure it feels like it to you at the moment.
Grace xxx

It is right in the middle of our redundancy selection process. Not a good time to be off!

Back