• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so fed up

thinkbethin

:cry:Hi there, I am so peed off today. I had a letter from surgeons secretary on saturday to check my bp and diebetes were ok. I rang her today to say all is well and guess what. Yes my surgery has been put back from the 20th april to the 1st may. I am so peed off as we were told that the surgery had to be done within 4 months of seeing the surgeon. I saw him beginning of december,so I thought beginning of april. I have had the 20th of april date for 9 weeks and now its changed.Apparently because they have a cancer patient to operate on.my op has to be delayed.That makes me feel so bad for feeling like this as I wouldn't begrudge anybody my place on the list, its just so down heartening. OK rant over, just needed to get it out sorreeeee:wave_cry:

So sorry hunny.................

You rant away it is dishearting when they change the goal post........ sending you a big hugxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hang on in there because once you have had the surgery this stage will become a distant memory....I remember feelings of frustration and I was pretty quick compared to some but now I think "what the heck was I fretting for"....it will soon come around and think you may be helping save someones life and we dont all get the chance to say that.....keep your chin up and come moan to us when it gets too much...(((hug))...xx

Thankyou Mandy and Linda for the hugs and kind words. I was just so annoyed this morning and then to be told about the other patient made me feel really bad for being annoyed if you know what I mean. Whats annoying me as well is that one of the ladies at the same meeting as me and who had her pre op assesment after me had her band done in february. I guess there's nothing I can do any way so will just have to have patience (something I don't have at minute) and wait. Thanks again ladies xx Gaynor xx

Gaynor i know its frustrating to have to wait a it longer, but keep the end object in mind, the weight once gone will remain gone and the time will not be as significant to you

Try keep yourself busy and focus on the new date rather then the fact it should be sooner

gayn or i think everyone goes through a ranting period and then it stops as soon as it starts lol, hng on in there I know its frustrating as you gert your heart set and plkan thing around that date, its the start of a new you so to speak and then you have to reassess it all. It will soon come around. Sometimes posting on here is the only thing that keeps me sane lol

Oh no, thats rubbish. 1st May will soon come round tho hun xxx

hey its only another week and just think another weeks freedom to eat what you like, stay positive girl soon be there
Sandra

keep you chin up, like everyones else has said it will soon come round and will def be worth it

Ali

Like Terri said we have all had our rants, if you have read any of my ealier threads I had no patients whatsoever and the forum was there to take the brunt for me....that's why it's here so we can rant and get support and then chat happily away...it does you know good to bottle it up...xx

Hey Gaynor, Mays a nice month for it! It will come around faster than you think chucks. Keep smiling your on your way to the losing side!

Back