• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had my intial weight loss appointment

charlie_pops

was in there for 2 hours with the clincal psychologist. bet she wanted a cup of tea after me. filled in some questionnaires, she says i have a touch of depression but nothing to worry about as its related to my weight and thats what i was there for. she said im very head strong and was impressed that i had done research. i mention this forum and she was very impressed with all the support everyone gives each other. she said that i was a good candidate for wls and i would have to see how the 8 weeks go and there would be a seminar with a surgeon after the 8 weeks.

there was a few tears as well.

but all in all it was good to talk. now im just waiting for a walking shuttle test on the 15th then i will start my 8 weeks :D

Sounds very positive!! Well done you and good luck! :) x

was in there for 2 hours with the clincal psychologist. bet she wanted a cup of tea after me. filled in some questionnaires, she says i have a touch of depression but nothing to worry about as its related to my weight and thats what i was there for. she said im very head strong and was impressed that i had done research. i mention this forum and she was very impressed with all the support everyone gives each other. she said that i was a good candidate for wls and i would have to see how the 8 weeks go and there would be a seminar with a surgeon after the 8 weeks.

but all in all it was good to talk. now im just waiting for a walking shuttle test on the 15th then i will start my 8 weeks :D
whats one of them? lol

thanks fuffs and dave,

caren, the woman said its when theres to cones and i have to walk between the 2 for as long and fast as i can. then they do it again at the end of the 8 weeks to see if theres an improvement.

i also have to loose 5% on the 8 weeks which is about 12lb

thanks fuffs and dave,

caren, the woman said its when theres to cones and i have to walk between the 2 for as long and fast as i can. then they do it again at the end of the 8 weeks to see if theres an improvement.

i also have to loose 5% on the 8 weeks which is about 12lb
like a slalom lol
good luck pops :) xxx

Sounds like you are on your way, Charlie honey :) Hope all goes well with your walking test ... not heard of that one before, is there a specific reason for it? Are you asthmatic or something? Good luck, sugar xxx :)

hi twinkle, no not asthmatic at all, she said its to test my fitness. seems abit silly as all i do is walk around nightclubs in my night job lol. i said i dont think my doctor likes the idea of me having wls and she said not to worry as her and the team will be behind me with a recommendation :)

I think it would be interesting to see how much your fitness increases. I like it lol

hi twinkle, no not asthmatic at all, she said its to test my fitness. seems abit silly as all i do is walk around nightclubs in my night job lol. i said i dont think my doctor likes the idea of me having wls and she said not to worry as her and the team will be behind me with a recommendation :)

Ah well, just another hoop to jump through, that the powers that be deem fit to impose upon us (well you actually, lol) Guess as tests go its a pretty innocuous one, lol. I know my fitness has increased 10fold in the past 2 months so you should be pleasantly surprised. xxx :)

charlie_pops said:

Pray do tell....What job do you do?

I know I am a nosy cow! Lol

Ima a night club photographer fuffs. Basicly I get paid to take pictures of the customers and any events they have on. Then I upload them to facebook for eveyone to see. I also sell the picture on a keyring to the customers:)

charlie_pops said:
Ima a night club photographer fuffs. Basicly I get paid to take pictures of the customers and any events they have on. Then I upload them to facebook for eveyone to see. I also sell the picture on a keyring to the customers:)

Cool! I have recently seen pics of friends when there is a name in the corner. They look really cool. Do you enjoy it?

That's good news Charlie pops :D..Hope all goes well for you in the future
Take Care

Andy

thanks andy :)

yeah its an ok job fuffs, sometimes its brilliant and i have a right laugh with customers but then sometimes they can be horrible drunks and just shout abuse at you. if i come home without any brusies i know its been a good night lol there constantly trying to get my attention by proding and poking me. whatever happend to an excuse me?

Back