• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

well things are finally on the move!!!!!

Yay that’s fantastic news, so exciting, you LRD sound pretty good on the whole, at Luton we didn’t have a choice it was milk all the way, we had to do 4 weeks of the milk diet at the very start of our journey and the same milk diet for 2 weeks pre-op, I didn’t find it to bad to be honest.
I wish you luck and can’t wait to follow the rest of your journey xx
Hi
Sorry to jump on your post. I've just been told by my GP my funding has been agreed for my surgery at the L and D. Do you know how long I will.need to wait before i have my appointment?

That’s great news, as for timescale I can’t really say things have changed a lot in the past year or so but you should hear soon after he’s referred you xx

Hi. Thanks. I've already been referred. That happened last year and I had to prove I was committed etc but he said I had now been approved for funding but I was so excited to hear the news that I didn't ask him what happens next. Not sure if I go to the L and D and see a consultant and then get a date for surgery or I have to do anything else before I get a date?

Aw I see, my GP wasn’t involved at all nice I’d started at Luton and Dunstable xx

I was wondering how long it takes to have the surgery once the funding has been agreed. Does anyone know?

But did your GP not refer you to begin with?
Yes he did refer to Luton but that was his only input, funding was agreed by Luton but I was never actually told the funding had been agreed, once I entered tier 4 and attended the MDT I was told that by being there it meant I had been accepted

Yes he did refer to Luton but that was his only input, funding was agreed by Luton but I was never actually told the funding had been agreed, once I entered tier 4 and attended the MDT I was told that by being there it meant I had been accepted
Yes me too. I was the same as Bling, never got told when the funding part was, just went from T3 to T4, saw surgeon and have me a date. x

I do hope so. It's a long road to get this far x
Completely understand it’s crazy that all the hospitals have different ways of going through the procedure, when I think about it my decision was probably made in April time, but I didn’t get to know til June x

I think I have a really good GP who called me as soon as he received the letter to say funding had agreed and he was really happy for me!x

I think I have a really good GP who called me as soon as he received the letter to say funding had agreed and he was really happy for me!x
I’m from up Yorkshire so we didn’t get to know about funding really it was all a different process xx

Back