• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HOMERTON LOSER -UPDATE

petshell

Well
I have now lost 62lb since this weight loss journey began (pre op).
I am three months post op and everything is going very slowly.
There is a narrowing, but over the past week I have not been sick once.
I am managing crackers and cheese (Slendips) for lunch with no problems.
I am only eating small amounts of a main meal -but managing it well.
I am still not eating enough or drinking enough but getting there.
The good news is I have not had any diabetes medication since before the op.
I have 'dumped' a couple of times and quite badly too.
I have had a few episodes of hypoglaecemic attacks 2.3, 2.6 and 2.9. These have all been about a couple of hours after a meal and the Dr is sure this is late dumping even though I have not had sugary foods around this time.
M y excrutiating (spelling!) pain 10 days ago where I thought I was having a heart attack! (drama queen); crushing pain in sternum, sweating profusely, difficulty breathing, severe nausea and vomiting with a mega bowel motion (formed not diorhea (SP)) followed by feeling faint and crashing out for 4 hours has been put down to early dumping -the pain was probably radiating from the baby stomach. Again I was only eating carbohydrate foods and certainly not deserrts x

Any how -I am happy, I know things are going slower than they should but I am feeling a little bit more alert and responsive.
The weight loss has been good.
I was expected to achieve at least a 70% excess weight loss and so far into it i have lost 53% so I am well and truly standing a chance of losing more than the 70% THAT MAKES ME HAPPY.
I have been advised to not over do things and start gonig crazy at the gym as my calorie intake is not too great.

Anyhow I thought I would let you all know x
Shells
x

Good on you Shell.

Has your dr explained why carbs are making you dump? Maybe it's to do with simple verses complex.

Btw I'm also a Homerton bypasser did mr agrawal do yours as well?

Continue the good work. Poppy x

Poppy Mr Ammori did mine!
He did say it was carbs but it has been with complex carbs such as rice!
Also the late dumping and hypo's is because the body is producing the insulin but by the time it hits the spot the food has passed thorough and it has nothing to work on so i get a hypo x

Looking at your stats you are donig real well too!!
Well done x
Shells

Well done - you are doing brilliant - what a weight lost!!1
You will be wasting away before our very eyes x x x

Katrine
I met a neuro at CHUFT yesterday who i hadnt seen since last year and he didnt recognise me! then did a double take and told me i looked so different and looked like a new woman!!
Shells
x

Keep up the good work Shell - your weight loss is fabulous - from fellow Homerton opper

Back