• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Went to the doctors with a sore toe.....came out with plastics refferal!

simplylucy

Well I'm in shock, I've just return from a visit to me GP. I have arthritis in my toe joint and it's playing up. Anyhow booked in for a steroid jab into the joint now!

He weighed me, for my records and is over the moon with my weight loss. I quizzed him about the bmi scale and would I ever get into the 'healthy' section because of my excess skin.

He asked to look at my tummy (tummies!). So I showed him, he instantly said 'that's extreme, would you like a plastic refferal?'

My reply was, really? Can you do that? I'm shocked!! Yes, yes, yes please!

Anyhow, obviously the funding isn't down to him but I'm getting a refferal and that's a move in the right direction!

Oh just so you know, I have 2 aprons, a lower one with no feeling due to 3 sections. And an upper apron that hangs over my tummy button causing infections. It is very odd looking due to the 2 areas of over hang. Hopefully this will work in my favour!

I'll keep you all informed on my progress but I'm expecting a very long journey with many knock backs!

Thats great hun, hope they give you funding xx

Fingers crossed for absolutely NO knock backs for you.
Lynne x

At least you have a great GP that is behind you. Good luck!

some people have all the luck lol :p

grats :)

Your GP obviously thinks you need this, and I really hope your local PCT agree with him and you get you funding. You have done so well hun, this will be the icing on the cake. Good luck and I really hope your funding is agreed. I have my fingers crossed for you XX

Good luck Hun hope u get funding fingers n toes crossed for u ;)

Back