• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP is supportive

Trim T

I had my GP appointment today, and he was really supportive of me having a tummy tuck, I didn't even have to ask for one!!

I told him about my weightloss and the fact i'd been left with excess skin and a small apron, and he said we need a plastics referral..... I was stunned!

He then went on to praise me for my weightloss and said that, they should put photos of me in the surgery as i would be an inspiration to many people there. (he didn't mean literally!!)

I now have an appointment to see an NHS surgeon next Wednesday, and while i'm trying not to get my hopes up.....i'm soooo excited. I just hope that my surgeon is as nice and supportive as my GP.

T xx

Excellent news - well done! I can't wait to keep a check on your progress! Again it's reassuring to hear of people being successful with the GP... Can I ask what area you live as I think it can sometimes be a postcode lottery with referrals...?

Thats great news you must be delighted....hope it all goes well for you and look forward to hearing all about it...xx

Good luck Trim T, i have been following your progress with interest and wish you every success, i think the NHS surgeon will be very sympathetic..

Good luck :)

Thank you everyone, this is just the first hurdle, i'm sure there'll be many more along the way that may trip me up.

I live in Birmingham, i'm not sure what the chances are of the pct saying yes yet, i'm just crossing my fingers....

Hi!

Glad you got your appointment i didnt get that far! my gp recommended me and sent off a letter on my behalf, i got my appointment though only to get a letter through about 2 weeks before saying that tummy tuck etc were no longer on the NHS list and that the only choice was to go privately!! that was back in may so i hope things have looked up since then!!
xxxx

good luck trim and congratulations, i also had a nhs t/t.

liz x

Had my consultation yesterday and the surgeon said YES!!!! I should be having my tt some time in January. He also took my number and said if they could do it before xmas would i be available?? ............hmmmm let me think........hell yes!

It's been such a quick process, I'm still in a bit of shock, can't believe how easy it's been. I got myself all worked up and stressed in the lead up to this appointment....... and it was absolutely fine.

My surgeon is lovely and was thrilled about my weightloss, and i trust him completely. I will now be able to go on holiday in June without any anxiety about wearing a bikini.

I shall let you know when my date is confirmed and thank you all so much for your support. I love this forum xxx

that is SSOOOO brilliant im so happy for you!!!!!! there might be hope for the rest of us!!!!!!!! youll have to give us the best things to say when i hopefully go in the next few months!!!! (ive moved doctors now so hoping to try again!) CONGRATULATIONS!! again hun i hope it makes you really happy!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Em, I really didn't have to say anything. My GP wrote a lovely letter about my weightloss and that seemed to be enough. The surgeon took 1 look at my tummy and it seemd like his mind was already made up.

I can't stop smiling since he said yes, still can't quite believe it's happening. Thank you so much for being supportive, you've been great and i hope your journey has a happy ending like mine xxx

me to chick!!! let us all know how it goes (which will be beautifully!) and dont forget to post pics!!! im so pleased for you hun knowing how much i want it too after being told that they didnt do it anymore im so pleased that someones having it coz i know how much it hurts!!
Good luck chick you will be fine and walking round in bra and pants all teh time!! hehe!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi TrimT. Glad to hear you are getting your tuck. I'll keep checking in to see any updates. It would be great if you could do similar to Poppypoo and keep a diary. Are you or will you be doing any photos?

I have taken before pics on the day of my surgeon consultation, will post them when i have taken my new improved after pics. Too embarrassed to post them before the problem is sorted!

Back