• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

West of Scotland - 60 places total

tkdlass

Hi

i found this on the BBC news site it was written last year but is one hell of an eye opener to the west of Scotland WLS for this year - 60 places total for the whole of the west of Scotland.

With only 60 Places but many more been seen i think we're entitled to know that there is only 60 places.

BBC News - NHS gastric band surgery to rise

:wave_cry:

Even more back news if you have PCOS forget it its not listed as a co - Morbidity If your over BMI of 35 + your to be to mental hospital if all that fails go to surgery!!!! :O!!!!!

The more i find out about out WLS here the more i'm failing to see that i'll get it!!!

It should be!! It's caused me so much problems
weight being one of them

Last time i had blood taken for insulin resistance they said i wasnt but i know i am because I get hot sweaty and feel like im going to faint and weirdest of all a fruity taste when ive not eatten the most of time when this happens is over night or if i havent eaten something since early morning.
Oh but yeah my bloods are fine.

There going to see me as having no reason for being overweight and throw my case aside i know they are.

Try and stay positive Claire, I know its really difficult but theres no use getting down about it until they give you an answer :D XX

Reactions: Bev
When things go like this on a personal level for me its noramally an early indicator that things aint going to go well or go if at all.

I dont know if i can stand in the face of failure agan.

Hi Claire,
I can fully understand how you feel.. it's a long long journey.. full of frustrations... doors closing and twists and turns... it's the same for everyone... unless you have money to pay privately and then, it's not always the easier option....

If I were you my dear Friend... I'd focus on anything.. ie., our gathering in July, building a diary, photo album, even designing a calendar for 2012.... anything to pass time, to keep positive and to keep going... since this is why many of us are on here so much, I'm passing time away... because my op looks likely to have been cancelled for the end of the month... and my support network have booked time from work etc etc....

So... let's work together Angel... with Charlie alongside and let's turn ourselves around and feel better and help each other... we have a long journey ahead together and we can do this. It'll be worth it and we'll appreciate it much more once we are ahead... but we must keep going forward....

Sending a 'humungous' hug and you are far from alone precious.... we are all sitting... in the same little boat... heading upstream!

Take good care Claire and we will do it for sure! xxx

It certainly is and you went through hell too after you were admitted twice... it's a ball game.

Claire... just keep going... we are able to weather this lot and we will all help each other... we are in touch most days... so you have us at hand.

My hubby's moaning... says... he's booked his holiday from work... like your R did... Jac... and he's worried about changing the shifts for others to be messed around at his work, it's usual and it's a waiting game right to the bitter end... I'll speak to Gill.... I'm worried that I'm weaning off my medication and need to have some guideline/timeline... but I'm not losing sleep over any of it. I am going to take it in my stride.... I keep telling myself... it's mind over matter....

Love you all and take good care everyone xxx

You are right Bev, if you keep positive in the mind it really helps. I can understand hubby moaning though.....its not easy to sort out time off especially when they work shifts! This is whats so unfair when they mess you about, I know they dont do it on purpose but they dont seem to bear in mind all the preparation we have to go to when planning on going into hospital.
Hope you and Andrea get sorted a.s.a.p and Claire I hope you get a positive outcome on your WLS journey :D XX

Hi Claire,
I can fully understand how you feel.. it's a long long journey.. full of frustrations... doors closing and twists and turns... it's the same for everyone... unless you have money to pay privately and then, it's not always the easier option....

If I were you my dear Friend... I'd focus on anything.. ie., our gathering in July, building a diary, photo album, even designing a calendar for 2012.... anything to pass time, to keep positive and to keep going... since this is why many of us are on here so much, I'm passing time away... because my op looks likely to have been cancelled for the end of the month... and my support network have booked time from work etc etc....

So... let's work together Angel... with Charlie alongside and let's turn ourselves around and feel better and help each other... we have a long journey ahead together and we can do this. It'll be worth it and we'll appreciate it much more once we are ahead... but we must keep going forward....

Sending a 'humungous' hug and you are far from alone precious.... we are all sitting... in the same little boat... heading upstream!

Take good care Claire and we will do it for sure! xxx

i'm trying right now to just cry my tears and hope for the best ive already had so many twists and turns and ups and and downs i'm sick fed up of having this weight and god i have tried and tried and tried to get rid of it but it sticks then to see that PCOS isn;t a reason for WLS that hurts because this illnesses it hurts me and i think i may have left it tooo the last min in terms of my personal battle.

The facts are the facts i may not even be sent to the hospital and if i am i may not get past that phase.

everything looks hopeless right now.

but focus on other things i will try to do

thank you both for caring

Well said Bev, its deffinately a roller coaster ride this WLS malarkey!! XX

It certainly is and you went through hell too after you were admitted twice... it's a ball game.

Claire... just keep going... we are able to weather this lot and we will all help each other... we are in touch most days... so you have us at hand.

My hubby's moaning... says... he's booked his holiday from work... like your R did... Jac... and he's worried about changing the shifts for others to be messed around at his work, it's usual and it's a waiting game right to the bitter end... I'll speak to Gill.... I'm worried that I'm weaning off my medication and need to have some guideline/timeline... but I'm not losing sleep over any of it. I am going to take it in my stride.... I keep telling myself... it's mind over matter....

Love you all and take good care everyone xxx

Awww Claire... don't get upset Angel... or I will feel upset too.

We have to keep a strong head through this lot, if you know what I mean... The hospital is likely to be cancelling my op because of swine flu beds... and I'm weaning myself off meds... so it's a problem, I'll sort it next week... but like you, we have to be tough and keep going.

Why don't you join us Claire and do a detox type weekend... with veg, fruit and drinking loads of water... give yourself a little boost.... it may help and anything that helps us to feel better has to be good.

Now... please everyone keep their peckers up with these delays and people are still going through, so we must be positive and keep going... I'm not losing sleep over this.

Channel your thoughts positively Claire and try and think of a way of feeling fitter and better whilst you are waiting and preparing... (surgery isn't for everyone) but I do believe we can all do something to search ourselves and to try and help to lift ourselves... give it a go!

We are around and in the same paddle boat Angel....

Love and hugs to you xxx

Keep your chin up Claire, like Bev says we all have to try and stay positive. We are all in this together and together we will muddle through :D XX

Bev i would like to do detox this weekend but i've been feeling ill with an upset stomach its been coming and going and i dont know what it is? it feels like the same i had over x-mas but instead of vomiting im just feel like it

maybe next weekend i can muddle through one!!!

aw yeah swine flu is bad down there isnt it?

we're well below what was explected up here but we've still got cases!!!

im sorry about the hospital!

thanks dotty as well

when can we be losers!

We'll do it Claire.

Just feel better soon and don't let the wls take over your life....

It's a step in the right direction, it's not for everyone and you may, do really well with a low fat eating plan... plus GP's are giving exercise and fitness vouchers, plus slimming classes vouchers to people who are waiting... Keeley has just started to go to the gym.

So let's work together and combine our mutual strength... get feeling rested and better and I always think of a body detox as 'more walking'.... 'less worrying'.... 'more water'.... 'relaxing the mind'... and having healthy soups and nourishing fruit and veg...

You have much to look forward to Claire... and so do we... not only our meeting in July but feeling better as we go through life.

As I said, I won't be losing any sleep over this... it won't help me and it won't help to get me into hospital any earlier... so it's a case of just getting on and I'm sticking with my low fat diet, drinking more water and doing all that I can to help myself feel better.....

Love and humungous hugs to you Claire and my pal Charlie (who is a Darling!) xxx

i'm trying to rest even though im so tired i cant swich off ugh its the most.
i could be so ill from tiredness but i know you know so enough said.

ifi m upset i cant keep it in i need to let it out in my own and have now i need to work through it.

we'll se what happens

know what im gonna do?
im going to buy a lottery ticket i NEVER play but just wanted to!

Reactions: Bev
Do whatever makes you feel better and build in relaxation Claire... it's a case of keeping the mind busy and trying to help your body... we don't need excess stress... life is tough enough, so chill and relax... you have the perfect companion with Charlie.... just looking at his pictures helps me to chill....

Good night and God Bless precious, rest, relax and unwind. xxx

thanks Bev i want for you to rest relax and unwind to

good night and take care charlie and me are thinking about you

xxx
C

Bless you love... I'm just finishing my last drink and then off to the land of nod... I don't let things get me down to the point of disrupting my life... having lived a lot of life and seen a lot of challenges... I brush them off and keep going.... and we'll do the same with this, just keep going and don't let anything get you down and make you ill...

We'll get there Claire... nite nite to you both... love and hugs xxx

Back