• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WGA Dolan Park 6th September 2008

Fiona73

Newbie having gastric band fitted in Dolan Park on 6th September 2008 with Mr Sigurdsson. Went for the WGA package. Starting my pre-op diet on Friday. Getting a bit nervous and would love to make contact with anyone going on the same day. Any tips and advice welcome. Fiona73:bliss:

hi fiona wellcome i,m a newbie myself ,due to see the consulant on the 2nd sept just wanted to wellcome you and wish you all the best with your banding
regards steve

hi i had my op 4days ago at dolan park with mr sig and with WGA package. my diary for that day is posted on main page.. u will be fine hope this helps

was just wondering if there is anyone out there from northern ireland that has had their op , i was just wondering how they managed the flight and the journey home especially as i am travelling alone,

Hi Fiona, welcome to mini's!

One tip, take as little luggage as possible, make sure it has wheels so you don't have to carry it, and ask someone to lift it off/on conveyors etc for you. You are not going to be able to lift it yourself for a week or so post op. If possible, arrange for someone to meet you at the home end of the flight too.

Have you checked your insurance covers you for the return leg? Have you checked the flight providers terms and conditions incase you have to inform them that you have just had surgery?

Good luck, you'll be fine, it's just a case of making sure everything is sorted out before you go :)

thanks shelbell. i have got a new mini case on wheels i wont be able to get much into it. my husband is meeting me at the airport to drive me home. not sure about insurance i will have to get that checked out:):)

Hi i to had my band fitted in dolan park, and all went well i have written everything about my op so read on, everyone was nice, i have to say i would not be looking forward to the journey home alone, im sure i could have done it but it would not have taken much to reduce me to tears should there have maybe been a delay, let us know how you get a long

good luck moe

Hi and welcome to minis. I am six weeks post op now and have just had my first fill done and dont regret it for a second.
The pre-op diet is a tough one, but is done for a reason. You will find it gets easier after the first couple of days. Make sure you drink lots of fluid, it will help to keep you full and lose lots.
Good luck and keep posting to let us know how you get on x

Thanks everyone for your support really enjoying reading all your posts and replies. I will keep posting and let you all know how i get on.:):)

hi everyone had my band done on the 6th sept. feeling great appart from a bit of chest pain after eating, has anyone else had this sort of pain could u let me know what causes it and if it will go away. just one more week of the soft diet to go. op went well, scars healing well, LOST 1ST 12POUNDS cant believe it. so far so good no regrets.

Well done Fiona!! The chest pain is usually a sign of having eaten something either too quickly or without chewing it enough! All a case of trial and error as to what works for you.
Well done on the weight loss so far, welcome to the losing side and keep posting x

Back