• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a fantastic day!!!

Rebirth

I've had a fantastic day today. Firstly I was surprised with a mini early birthday party and cake by some of the mums at school. Then the hairdresser fitted me in at short notice for a curly perm and cut, (unheard of). Then a work man came early for his appointment, (so I missed him), however, this meant that I could go and meet Allie at the Spire (unannounced). Which also meant that I got to meet Sewingbelle. We had a lovely chat before I had to rush off to pick up the girls from school at 16.30hrs.

La piece de la resistance... I went to the Bariatric Support group at Spire, where I saw and spoke to Kath. She was so different from the last time and very helpful and reassuring re my referral for psychological and cardiac assessment. I'd asked her how much it would cost to pay for these myself and she advised me to wait for the NHS. Kath doesn't think it will take too long. My dietitian had tried to phone her, but she had been in clinic all day. Apparently Kath will be speaking with her tomorrow. Well, it looks like things are finally on the move again. What a birthday present!

I'm now off to finish my packing. We're off to Paris tomorrow to celebrate my 50th on Saturday. Half a century old, I can't believe it. Will catch up with you all when I get back. Sorry about the rambling on but I am on a high at present.

Oh nearly forgot. Dad looked fine and sounded great earlier on. I think the Bypass is the best thing that has happened to him. Isn't it funny, I didn't realise how ill he looked, until I saw how well he looked at the weekend. I hope that makes sense? Thanks Nic for your support.

love
Rebirth

:D:D:D
Oh hun, I AM THRILLED for you!!! And a bit jealous of you lovely trip - say hi to Paris for me!

I am really glad that people made a fuss about you today, you deserve it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!!!!
:553::flowers::birthday:
Sounds so nice to have met some lovely peeps, isn't minis just the best? I am very happy to hear that your father is better, that had to have been rough, hopefully he will just look better and better.

Enjoy your trip & birthday, will be thinking of you on Sat. Hugs to you!

Nic:p

Hiya,

Glad it went better this time!! Am so chuffed for you - have a lovely birthday.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Woooo Happy Birthday! xx

Hope you have a great time

Irene xx

Have a fantastic time in Paris! It is one of my favourite places.

Aww what fantastic news hun! Have a great trip and a great birthday! Glad to hear your dad is getting better! Take care and Happy Birthday!

you 50 yeh!! lol how young are you going to look once yr bypasses.
happy birthday hum and have a fab time in paris. oolala!!

i had a great time meeting you and alison have a happy birthday and trip to paris love sewingbelle

Back safe and sound

Thanks all of you for your well wishes. They were much appreciated.
We had a wonderful time in Paris, despite the initial glitch of our booking not being found.

I was woken quite early on Saturday to the sound of my daughters and hubby singing happy birthday, followed by the thud of an 8 and 6yr old landing on the bed. My youngest nearly took my eyes out in her eagerness to give me their card and my eldest, not to be out done, tried to give me hubby's card at the same time. This resulted in the inevitable bickering, oh the joys of mother hood! But, I wouldn't be without them. Once my eyes were focussed, I was able to enjoy the messages which had been written by them all.

They both proudly gave me the present which they had purchased with their own money after striking a deal with the Party Lite lady. At this point I cried and had to explain that it was with happiness. They had bought me a set of 3 tea light holders and had made sure that hubby had wrapped them up carefully, so they wouldn't be broken enroute. The most surprising thing was they had managed to keep this all a secret, my 6yr old is not very good at secrets...wow.

At the Louvre I met my birthday twin whom I gave a big hug and kiss, much to the girls and hubby's embarrassment. I wasn't hard to identify, as I had promised my friend and the girls I would wear the great big 50 twinkling badge she had bought me, fool that I am. At least it led to some interesting looks and conversations. It also reinforced for the girls, that you have to keep your promises, so be careful what you promise.

On arrival back at the hotel, my eldest with the help ,(or should I say hindrance of the youngest), gave me a lovely foot and leg massage...what bliss. After a nap to recharge our batteries we went out for a meal at a restaurant we had visited on Thursday night.

The meal was absolutely wonderful, I'll spare you the details as I know some of you are on pre-surgery diets. However, our evening was hijacked by 2 inoffensive drunk men. They seemed to take a shine to us and the girls and filled the evening with mirth and laughter. We have had an invite to visit them in Ireland!!! I wonder if we'll go????

Anyway, we are safely home with some wonderful memories and I have a totally different perception of Paris due to 2 wonderful little girls and hubby. Paris was never one of my favourite cities, but seeing it through the eyes of my beautiful daughters have changed my view of it. I'll shut up now, sorry I've rambled on.

love

Rebirth xx

Sounds like you had a wonderful magical time in Paris!

Beautiful memory!

Love Mini xxx

Back