• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a shocking story!

Kizzy70

I read this yesterday and it is a sad story, but god the Daily Mail get on my nerves. They dont know the difference between a band and bypass. The title states she had a band, but the story shows she had a bypass.

Sad.gif

Very sad, i too get annoyed when people put wrong surgery down,... I hope Malissa sorts herself soon and gets to a normal weight but more than anything starts being happy and believing she is worth it xxx

Just read this on their website, I hope she gets the help she needs soon and recovers as quick as possible.

If she hurts to swallow there must be some other medical problem she needs help with

Perhaps the death of her baby because of her malnourishment has affected her even more.Sad but the hospital could give her a feeding tube to get some food into her and at least give her the chance to deal with her mental problem with eating.

I remember reading another story about this young lady(someone posted the link on here about 12-18 months ago) If i remember correctly, she was unhappy because of her excess skin and stated she wishes she hadnt had the bypass as she wasn't allowed funding to remove her skin. Dont know if this has anything to do with her current problems?
Its very sad xxx

I remember reading another story about this young lady(someone posted the link on here about 12-18 months ago) If i remember correctly, she was unhappy because of her excess skin and stated she wishes she hadnt had the bypass as she wasn't allowed funding to remove her skin. Dont know if this has anything to do with her current problems?
Its very sad xxx

I read that story too. I wish she would get the help she needs rather than getting worse and the press always being the first port of call.

ok so I might get some flack for my comments right now but this is how I feel about quite a few issues regarding certain situations which have been raised here . .

Firstly, there seems to be some idea in the back of everyones mind that when this operation is done we are all going to have a wonderful body, look like models and have such wonderful lives, and lets face it this is from friends as well as our own inner demons. I have lost nearly 100lb already and my sister is already talking about me having a boob lift and everything else lifted, well she might not be the size I was but after having 3 kids perhaps she is the one who should think about the boob job and I don't say this to be mean I am just using it as an example of what we face post op.

Our bodies where far from perfect when we where big, but the biggest change is when we think that when we are 'thin' everyone will love us and the kids will behave and suddenly we get thin or thinner and you know the katty girls are still katty and the kids/hubbies/dogs still drive us insane and yes we would still love the big bar of chocolate, 5 bags of crisps and a few bottles of wine but now we are incapable of doing this to our bodies and we have to face up to our problems instead of try to find the answers at the bottom of a family size Caramel bar.

We had problems with food before we will all have problems with food in the future it is all about how we handle them that will see us through.

As for wishing you had not had the operation coz you have all this loose skin, well I for one would sooner have loose skin than the extra 100lbs I was carrying around with me and if it bothers you so much get a job and pay for it yourself, this is something WE ALL did to ourselves and I think we should all count ourselves pretty lucky that the NHS funded our operations in the first place and if me not having a brest lift or tummy tuck means some poor soul gets chemo for cancer or my tummy tuck money goes towards some other person on here who is so desperate for the bypass but is way down the waiting list gets it a few months earlier then so be it.

You know at a size 28 I was never going to look good in a bikini if I don't look good in one at a size 12 well boo hoo it's hardly then end of the world but with the wonders of modern underwear I will rock a stunning dress.

Sorry to rant like this but we need to put in to prespective the gift we have been given and how lucky we all are compared to those who are still waiting - I don't mean harm to anyone but I certainly wouldn't want to take away anyones dreams in place of my own

From reading all the comments on here it is clear that this young girl needs someone to talk through everything. The issues you may have that contributed to your overeating and becoming fat are still there whether you diet or have surgery to get weight off, they don't magically all disappear when you lose the weight.

As for excess skin I agree with the previous comment I would rather be half my size and stuffing my excess skin into some spanx than be this weight for the rest of what is left of my life.

I hope this young girl gets the help she needs x

Back