• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what alcohol is safe on band?????

i drink happily with no probs brandy n coke on ice or vodka & coke on ice, they are fine cant do lager or beer to gassy, wine is ok 2

liz

ps if the voddy n coke to gassy leave the top off the coke let it get a little flatter ice also kills the gas in coke

I find I can only manage 2 small glasses of wine now....

Used to be able to glug a whole bottle or two....:rolleyes:

:8855:yes moderation is the key as theres alot of hidden calories in booze !

cheers lol

liz

ps if the voddy n coke to gassy leave the top off the coke let it get a little flatter ice also kills the gas in coke

Thats a good tip liz I am off out soon on two work nights out and am struggling to think what I can drink without them guessing and without me standing there with a glass of water all night...xx

doos bypass people get tipsy quicker than banders ?

Read somewhere that you get drunk quicker after the op but dont know how it is in relation to banders....cheap date or what lol...xx

yes, cos of the absorption rate being different.

i still get drunk at a normal speed lol, so im not a cheap date lol :D i can still drink like a fish wey hey !:8855:

as a lady that sometimes enjoys the odd sherry...errrrhummm cough cough!! I can say that yes you do get tipsy very very quickly after the bypass, what you cant get is stinking drunk, not sure why but rest assured I have sacrificed myself to flavoured vodkas on Saturday to tell all you bypassers this information, I felt it was my duty :rolleyes:

Hi, I went out on Sat and managed to drink white wine and soda ok and I also had a cocktail ( god knows what was in it lol ) and then I went onto the reefs ( they r flat and just taste like fresh orange ) Didn`t want to stay on the wine all night cos`ve the fizzy soda. It didn`t cause me any probs just heard horror stories about fizzy drinks corroding the band.

Wine is my favourite - I have given up anything fizzy these days but I found that Baileys slips down really well last week - yum!!

Back