• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are my odds???

emmakc

Hi everyone, I'm 35 years old and have 6 stone to loose. Do you think my skin will go really saggy??

Does exercise really help or do you think if you are going to get saggy skin you are going to get it no matter what you do?

Have you tried any of the firming creams?

Sorry for the list of questions

I was 35 when I had my surgery, I lost 18 stone all in. I swam from day 1 and I only had a tummy tuck everything else went back on its own. It's genetics too, my mum has great skin tone, I don't smoke which helped I suppose. But everyone's different.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am in the middle of my weight loss & experiencing some loose skin. I do regular excersie & used bio oil from day 1. I had a frank conversation with my physio & he said it does depend on your genetics, age etc but on the whole exercising etc won't reduce it if yoy've got it. Surgery is the only real answer. I am not sure that I will go down that route as still trying to loose all the weight then maintain it. When I was rally big my skin , boobs, thighs etc were firm so it is a bit of a shock seeing some loose skin & it's started to show up a bit crepie but suppose that is age.

Hi Emma, I was wondering the exact same thing. I have 6 stone to lose too.

I'm really worried about sagging skin too! I'm 25 but already have a road map of stretch marks & already have slightly saggy skin at the bottom of my stomach. I am still determined to lose the weight as saggy skin is much more easily hidden than my big bum! I'm too broke to consider a tummy tuck in the next few years but u never know in the future x

When you are young you have better skin elasticity and a better chance of not having loose skin. Genetics plays a part in this too. There's actually a test you can do: pinch a fold of skin on the back of your hand and quickly let go. If the skin snaps back into place immediately, you have good skin elasticity. If there's a slight delay, your skin maybe not as supple as it used to be. I'm not sure how accurate this test is re. skin as it's also an indicator of being dehydrated, apparently.

I'm 33 and always had saggy skin. Ive almost lost 6 stone and I have another 6 to go. I'm 16st at the moment and already my boobs r empty sacks so I'd imagine when I get to my goal I'm gonna need implants and tummy tuck. Plus my bingo wings could shield a tennis court. Lololol. My mum is quite flabby so I guess I inherited her genes. Still its great losing this weight and I look great in clothes ;)

For me If I ever lose the weight I'm going to try consentrate on my arms the most cause that's the bit that every one sees the rest I can hide in clothes.lol xxx

I think I'm looking at this like if I get it then I'd rather deal with saggy skin then an elephant in the mirror - you can hide skin can't hide fat!!,
Plus I will save up for a boob job and tummy tuck if I really look like a let down balloon lol
But I don't think it will bother me that it would come to that!?
I have 4/12 stone to lose so I'll cross this bridge when I get there ......xxx

Remember exercise and taking in proteins is key.... Also when you eat take in the protein first then if you have room eat the rest.. I havent had surgery yet but i helped my friend through it and she looks great...

Can anyone tell me who had private gastric bypass, do your own doctors do bloods/ vitamins??? Worrying non stop :(

Saranne said:
Can anyone tell me who had private gastric bypass, do your own doctors do bloods/ vitamins??? Worrying non stop :(

Hi Saranne, I am paying private for a band. I was told I have to wait for an invoice and pack from hospital and attend for my Pre-op there. Mine is quite far away (across the Mersey) I don't think my GP gets involved. I was hoping things could be done nearer but it sounds like I have to travel each month to see them for check ups and bloods etc.
Good luck for the 8th, keep us posted on your progress. :) x

Last edited:
Back