• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what are the odds?

ladiedevilish

Ok i am gonna ask what is probably a really stupid question, i have tickets to see take that on 4th july which is less than a week after my bypass! what are the chances of me feeling well enough to go?
i have a seat and my friend is driving and there will be no rushing.
i really want to go but just dont kow how i am going to feel, what do you think?

Danielle:confused: X

Are you mad woman!You wouldnt enjoy it sitting or not.I could just about stagger round the house,had back pain,discomfort inside my torso,toilet problems,felt weak and tired,need I go on?Its major surgery ask your surgeon what he thinks.Even if he said yes go ahead I bet you would regret it.Until you have surgery you wont know how you will feel.We are all different but I wouldnt of felt like going to a gig till I was at least 6/8 weeks out.
Put it this way if you had a hysterectomy this week would you feel like going to a concert next week?Look after yourself you have a long way to go with this surgery and healing is just the start.Best of luck.Maz x

Personally I would have been fine a week out!

Obviously we're all different and I'm not saying you should go, it just depends on how you feel on that day.

However I am the woman that 8 hours after a c-section marched to neo-natal to see my baby! I got fed up with waiting and couldn't sleep!! I'm a tad stubborn and don't let anything hold me back!

10 days after my bypass I was ready to go back to work, I didn't till 21 days though as I work with pre-schoolers!

Take it easy though, be fully prepared to miss it, the surgery you are having is life changing. Next time you book concert tickets you'll want standing ones because you'll be fit and slim and want to dance the night away! Look to the future.

Good luck with your surgery.

Hello
im going to be 9 days post op on sat and i am meant to be going to a gig which is standing but i shall decided on the day how i feel x

I don't mind going for you.xx

im 6 months post op bypass i went to see them at sunderland, i was knackered standing all that time on the pitch if you have a seated ticket maybe you will be ok.... standing id say not x

Hi

Completely different op (and type of music ha ha) but I went to see Biffy Clyro 5 days after an open hysterectomy. Im not saying that was a good thing or that you should go just highlighting the fact that I'm obviously crazy! lol :8855:

I was seated too and once seated didnt really move. I was fine but tired.

Unfortunatly you wont know how you feel until the day arrives, if you do go just be extra careful x

I was back at work in a physical job 10 days post op so only you can judge how you feel on the day. You know your own body but if you go enjoy it but don't jump about!! Well at least try not to lolx

you won't know,until you have had your op.we have all had different experiences.personally,i felt great after mine,to the point where i asked my husband,if i had actually been bypassed.i had it done on the tues,home on the wed & out shopping on the fri,so it really is down,to each individual.
if it was standing,i would say no way,but as it is seated,i would see how you feel.
tracy

Back