• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

will the surgeon say yes? Anxiety over decison

Carolined

ok so I have had confirmation that my funding has been approved and I have picked my hospital.
my question and reason for my anxiety is- what are the chances i'll be turned down by the surgeons team?
how often are people turned down?

I cant begin to express how worried I am that he will say no. It will break me.

any info would go a long way to calming me down.....

Hi hun. Been in you shoes a few months ago too. Once funding is approved you are pretty much guaranteed for your surgery to go ahead :) To approve funding you must meet the criteria so therefore if funding has been granted your surgery can go ahead :D x

gosh thank you so so much. I had been second guessing myself as whether or not to ask on here, dont want to come across as needy haha,
but yes, its consuming me, getting to this stage has been such a long process as my application had been lost for many months.
i feel so close, in touching distance to this surgery, i'm just terrified that it would be denied at this stage.
so thank you for helping to set my mind at ease x

what is it the nurse or surgeon asks in the first meeting?
I am worried that I will say something that will effect the decision...

they discuss how you eat in the first meeting and what kind of op they think would be best for you according to this , also a medical history and weightloss history was my first meeting and my second meeting I met nurse dr surgeon anthesatist etc now just waiting

you're a star, Thank you for filling me in, I had no idea what to expect. Let me know how long you end up waiting xx GOOD LUCK! XXX

I was worried sick whilst waiting for funding, particularly as on the day of the funding meeting it got cancelled and they couldn't meet again for several weeks.

Then I worried about the surgeon refusing to operate, then I worried that I would gain weight before my op, then I worried that the criteria would change before my op, and now I am worried that my frigging liver hasn't shrunk enough. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Then I worried about the surgeon refusing to operate, then I worried that I would gain weight before my op, then I worried that the criteria would change before my op, and now I am worried that my frigging liver hasn't shrunk enough. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

And some people say surgery is the easy option!!!

I am sure your liver will have shrunk but it's one of those 'nightmare scenarios' that we can't help worrying about - I wonder of that's because we have no way of assessing it ourselves? xx

I was worried sick whilst waiting for funding, particularly as on the day of the funding meeting it got cancelled and they couldn't meet again for several weeks.

I am wearing the same tshirt Paddy :D ... I keep waiting for the rug to be pulled :eek: x

Back