• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what are the signs and symptoms of sleep apona?

cherry

:confused:

im just wondering, doc didnt say he suspected me of anything on my second appointment, just me thinking x

Im not sure myself kelly, but good question. Think its when you stop breathing while your asleep or something x

hahahahahhahha sugga! shouldnt laugh, your not on pre op are you?.... milk diet?... or you just hungary?......hmmmm have some fruit hun ;) not the best hey xxxx

A good place to start Kelly is Google "Epworth sleep apnea" and do the test. That should give you a good indication of whether you have the problem. xx

i scored 0-2 ha xx

hahahahhahahahhaha no dotty lol i shouldnt have it x

I never thought I did have sleep apnea, my GP referred me as part of the WLS programme and the sleep clinic found that I had it. My main problem was snoring the proverbial foghorn, so I'm told and apparently tests showed I stopped breathing during the night quite a bit. I did the test too and I scored 13!!

I think I scored something like 16 or 17, that's why I was referred, and I do have severe sleep apnoea.

when the surgeon said to me, 'would you fall asleep just chatting to someone' hahhahahaha imagine that, i was like errrrr nope not unless they bore me.... must be terrible to live with tho x

hi sugga dont mind at all!, so in sunderland its done usually over 3 appointment ive had two, on my second i saw consultant and dietacian and was given a wl target of 4kgs to lose, ive lost nearly 2 stone yippppeeee!! so my third appointment is on 27 oct, which is with consultant again, and if ive met wl target, which i have, i should be put on the list for surgery! i dont think i need extra tests, this is what im hoping for anyway, haha your in a different area so it prob hasnt helped :)

i went to the hospital to endocrine clinic re my raised tyriod antibodies and failing thyriod and falling asleep in the day all the time. I did the tests saturation levels recorded at night and was found to have severe sleep aponea. I will see chest clinic 20th this month but have been warned i will need this to be stable before i can have my weight loss surgery.

Amanda x

Back