• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are we all eating to loose weight?

Mrs V

Loves Life!
:sign0163: Hi all,

I had a band fitted back in May and have lost 3 stone. I am now struggling to think up varied meals in order to loose more weight.
I cant eat potatoes in any shape or form, bread is a no no and struggling with eggs too!
My fill is at 8.5ml. :sigh:
What are you all eating in order to shift the pounds??

anyone????

hi and well done on the weight loss so far !
i find a prawn salad good or a chicken salad, i also like tuna pasta, these meals are more filling so you need less, than you would eating sloppy foods.

good luck
liz xx

Thanks Liz,

My problem is that I like the cottage cheese, coleslaw and mayo with my salad!!
Ive discovered that I cant swallow iceburg lettuce and anything with a peel or rind, so cucumber, tomatoes and peppers are eaten, but the peel spat out afterwards!
I cant swallow chicken easily either without it being in a sauce of some kind!

Help!!!

im living on chicken casserole at the moment but also eat alot of seafood with salad but im still without restriction so im maintaining rather than loosing weight although today as it my birthday iv been very very naughty!

Thanks Liz,

My problem is that I like the cottage cheese, coleslaw and mayo with my salad!!
Ive discovered that I cant swallow iceburg lettuce and anything with a peel or rind, so cucumber, tomatoes and peppers are eaten, but the peel spat out afterwards!
I cant swallow chicken easily either without it being in a sauce of some kind!

Help!!!

hi, it sounds as if you may be a little tight if you are having to survive on soft foods or foods with sauces, this will stop weight loss as it will allow you to eat a bigger portion of food.

Yes i agree with Liz, sounds to me that you may need a bit out. People assume the more fill the better the restriction and loss but in fact if the restriction is too much it will stop u being able to eat things that are fulfilling and satisfying . And if u only can eat soft food this will mean the qty will be bigger as it goes down so easy. If you were able to eat a small Jacket Poatoe with Tuna for lunch that would be better than eating a Cottage Pie or Saucy Type meal. For lunch i was having soups and stuff but have stopped that and now have a few water biscuits with a spread of Low Fat Soft cheese, some cucumber tomatoe etc and its so much more filling and the weight is moving again. Maybe speak to where you are getting your fills and try a de-fill for a say a month . Good luck ! xx

Thank you for your posts.
I will raise this with the Consultant when I go to see him next month. As much as I love food with sauces, I want to loose weight too!!!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Back