• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what a struggle

julieann

Hi guys, i'm sorry that i haven't posted in ages but i do generally read everyone's posts most days and yes its lovely to see how well you are all doing. Well, i had my last band fill at the beginning of july and even though there is restriction there i have struggled so much and haven't lost anything since, i haven't put anything on but even so, i am struggling to come to terms with this. Also i only have about 1 stone to go, but i just cant shift it. I am booked in for another band fill next sunday so hope that things will start moving again, but i have noticed that even afer my band fills i always feel full for a couple of days and then the hunger comes back with a vengance, which i find hard to cope with, as i thought that this would subside once i had the band fitted. I also wonder if it is my addictive nature that makes it so difficult for me, as i feel that i seem to go from one addiction to another. I used to be a heavy smoker, which at that time had no issues with my weight, i then gave up the ciggies and as silly as it may seem became completely addicted to chewing gum to compensate for the ciggies and also went on to gain a lot of weight. Once i had decided to go for weightloss surgery i was told to give up the chewing gum which was like having my right arm cut off, but managed to do it , and didnt miss it too much after surgery as the weight was coming off reasonably quickly, but i now find myself really craving something, but dont know what, and its almost like withdrawal symptoms in my head which i'm not coping with at the moment. Are any of you other guys struggling like this as i would be glad of some advice. xx:cry::cry::cry:

Im new to banding, had my op 4 wks tomorrow and I know what u mean about the hunger somedays i just wana cry lol, I am finding that protein makes me feel a lot less hungry, uve lost 40lbs which is amazing, keep going girl u can do it xx

HI Julieann
I'm not a bander but just wanted to say you have done really really well losing 40lbs so far and it is always the last part of the weight that's hardest to shift so hang in there hopefully the next fill will help but be proud of yourself so far you have done brilliantly well. Big hugs to cheer you up x

i second whats been said hun you will get there keep posting on here as there all lovely and tey really do help lin.x

Well done with your weightloss so far, you have done brilliantly! :thankyouthankyou:

You're not the only one to go from ciggies to chewing gum by the way, my mum gave up smoking 5 years ago but has been addicted to the gum ever since! She has tried to ween herself off it but really struggles. So don't feel silly, you're not alone! :hug99:

Cuppacocoa xx

Hiya, maybe you could attack the problem from a different angle? Perhaps look deeper into why you have addictive problems , like trying out some counselling or hypnosis. Being another person with an addictive personality I'm trying to get to the bottom of why I have the compulsion in the first place. Maybe something in your subconscious needs attention and the cravings will subside once you deal with whats underneath them. Lots of love and remember, you're beating it already, look how far you have come. Stay around here as posting and sharing problems here is part of what has helped me limit the compulsive eating problem I have x

Hiya, maybe you could attack the problem from a different angle? Perhaps look deeper into why you have addictive problems , like trying out some counselling or hypnosis. Being another person with an addictive personality I'm trying to get to the bottom of why I have the compulsion in the first place. Maybe something in your subconscious needs attention and the cravings will subside once you deal with whats underneath them. Lots of love and remember, you're beating it already, look how far you have come. Stay around here as posting and sharing problems here is part of what has helped me limit the compulsive eating problem I have x

Thanks for the replies and yes, i may need to look into some sort of counselling!

Paul Mckenna "I can make you thin" set is pretty good, there are lots of handy things in the pack such as a journal, and several different cds eg Craving buster technique, Over come emotional eating, program your mind to lose weight and Motivation to take exercie. I definately recommend giving it a try anyway as it covers quite a lot xx

i really feel for you hun i fight my addiction demons everyday and think i always will try councelling it works for some i had therapy pre op tho and gained over a stone and am still non the wiser but thats just me , iv just had a big fill and as im barely able to eat today feel its kinda kick starting things in my head again sometimes we just need something to click us back in. cant help on the chewing gum thing as i eat half a polo after every ciggie im dreading giving up fags incase i end up caning the polo's lol chin up you have had a great loss it will all work out xx

i really feel for you hun i fight my addiction demons everyday and think i always will try councelling it works for some i had therapy pre op tho and gained over a stone and am still non the wiser but thats just me , iv just had a big fill and as im barely able to eat today feel its kinda kick starting things in my head again sometimes we just need something to click us back in. cant help on the chewing gum thing as i eat half a polo after every ciggie im dreading giving up fags incase i end up caning the polo's lol chin up you have had a great loss it will all work out xx

Its so nice to know that people do care and thanx to everyone that has taken the time to reply, especially as i havent posted on here in ages, but i didnt want to come over as being so down hearted and worry that i may put people off banding because of my own struggles. I also appreciate that probably most of us struggle with weightloss even after surgery, because at the end of the day that is why we are here in the first place, but i really thought that it would be easier than this.

Why not try the chewing gum again. If its sugar free and you make sure you don't swallow it then you should be fine. I have a piece in my mouth all the time and I'm a bander. Well done on the weight loss so farxx

I might give that a try again, i havent bothered before because i was told at my initial consultation pre band that you couldnt have chewing gum, they didnt say why though!

Hi Julieann, you have done so well - could the last stone or so just be far more difficult to shift as it is a relatively small amount? I still have miles to go but have noticed the second half of my weight is coming off more slowly than the first half.
Keep going chick, you will get there - and you haven't regained weight - which I know for a fact I would once plateauing without the band.
Best wishes to you x

Hi Julieann, you have done so well - could the last stone or so just be far more difficult to shift as it is a relatively small amount? I still have miles to go but have noticed the second half of my weight is coming off more slowly than the first half.
Keep going chick, you will get there - and you haven't regained weight - which I know for a fact I would once plateauing without the band.
Best wishes to you x

I know that i havent got that much more to lose, but its still so frustrating, and hey, look how well you have done and you only had your band fitted in march, mine has been in nearly a year now! keep up the good work x

Back