• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are you doing to prepare?

metherer

Just being nosy really.

I spent the morning emptying out the baking cupboard, to reduce temptation. That cupboard is now specifically for my shakes,small tubs etc.

I got the surgical weight loss cookbook for dummies, and have set hubby off reading it too.

I feel as though I should be doing more, but what? I think I've just reached the general worry stage.

Welcome !!

When, where and what surgery are you having.

Humm.....

De-crap fooding the entire house, educating all members of the house, planning on a new wardrobe every 3 weeks, joining gym, getting hospital bag packed, getting pre-op admin done (including lady things :rolleyes:), getting post-op liquid stage ready, filling your fridge with milk for the pre-op diet....

Becoming addicted to this lifeline of a website :eek:

I could go on!!

Roux en y on 11th march at Spire Leeds, by Jeremy Hayden.

My pre op is 25th February, and my diet will consist f around 800 calories a day. They don't seem to do the liquid one.

I've been putting a grocery list together, so have added some extra multi vitamins.

I would have been tempted to milk diet but I don't have access to a fridge at work, so it is going to be low cal packed lunches instead. Thankfully hubby had decided he is going o do the same with me. Moral support and also that he needs to lose weight so thus will jump start it. He does most of the cooking so great to have him on board.

I've also been updating my wish list on amazon, as it is my birthday a few days before the op, so have put a couple more weight loss surgery cookbooks on there, and a new blender. Fingers crossed I might get some of them.

And wowsers new wardrobe every 3 weeks! I'm lucky in that I have a lot of hand me downs from my mum who has done well on weight watchers. I'm pretty much only going to need underwear for the first four sizes down. No idea how long that will take.

I'm on the low everything about 800 cals preop diet. I prepared my portions in to bags. I bought a bag if mixed veg and separated it into bags of 100g. Bought chicken & turkey fillets and cut into 75g portions (but then found for the poultry that was cooked weight so actually did myself out if a few grams!) etc etc

I've sorted my smaller clothes in to decreasing size so I can start from the left of the rail to the right (hopefully by Christmas!). Got Slimfast in for the liquid weeks. Have people lined up for lifts/bag carrying post op (we live in a first floor flat and my son will be at school when I shop). On a serious note, will and childcare in place if I am one of the small statistic.

Bag packed except trip to local town with cheap fat clothes shop later in week as have no nightwear.

I THINK I'm there!

Good luck with your journey xx

I didn't find the purée stage a great one, so next time I'm going to bypass that one (no pun intended !). I got a blender last time, a cheap one and got rid of it shortly after the purée stage. Yuk!

My pre-op starts on 29th April with bypass on 13th May. I can't wait. I loved the milk diet last time, I only managed 4 out of the 5 pints by the second week and had so much energy I was full of beans. I hope it's going to be the same this time. I feel that I was more motivated last time.

I cleaned out my wardrobe after my last wls surgery, shocking size 30 to a couple of loose 14's were unearthed. Thank heavens for charity shops :eek: now in a size 10 bottom and size 8 top. It is just the best feeling in the world.

You are so lucky you have the support of our husband who will be sharing the diet with you and the low times to come. Yes they will come :confused:

Surgery doesn't sort out your head unfortunately and I am still battling with my demons. More so at the moment, so surgery is not the miracle cure.

I didn't find much use in the specific weight loss cook books. Just normal ones and leave out the fat. My local library also has loads.

I didn't find the purée stage a great one, so next time I'm going to bypass that one (no pun intended !). I got a blender last time, a cheap one and got rid of it shortly after the purée stage. Yuk!

My pre-op starts on 29th April with bypass on 13th May. I can't wait. I loved the milk diet last time, I only managed 4 out of the 5 pints by the second week and had so much energy I was full of beans. I hope it's going to be the same this time. I feel that I was more motivated last time.

I cleaned out my wardrobe after my last wls surgery, shocking size 30 to a couple of loose 14's were unearthed. Thank heavens for charity shops :eek: now in a size 10 bottom and size 8 top. It is just the best feeling in the world.

You are so lucky you have the support of our husband who will be sharing the diet with you and the low times to come. Yes they will come :confused:

Surgery doesn't sort out your head unfortunately and I am still battling with my demons. More so at the moment, so surgery is not the miracle cure.

I didn't find much use in the specific weight loss cook books. Just normal ones and leave out the fat. My local library also has loads.

I'm lost??? Lol or I maybe reading wrong? Your say your having a bypass in may? But your now a size 8/10? Why would you have a bypass when you've already lost all your weight? I'm probly being really dumb but this has puzzled me :/

Kirsty, I'm having revision surgery as the port on my band is the living hell. Alternates between making me vomit to being in crushing pain. Can't wait until it's slung in the clinical waste bin.

The band bit is working great, the tube sticks through my skin and shows through tops, as does my port. I can live with all of that no problem. Just can't put up with the effects of the port moving anymore ( it had to be detached from me:()

Hello :) The thought of the puree diet is making me heave! :jelous: Can I ask what you are thinking of doing instead? Staying on liquids for the set time or moving on to soft foods? I assume one would have to stay on liquids so as not to damage the new pouch?

Back