• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHAT BAD TIMING!!!

rudders

Was due to have my op tomorrow at the Chelsea and Westminster but was rushed into local hospital on wed by ambulance with pancreatitis!!!
Op now rescheduled along with gallbladder removal for 22 April
X

Oh dear I completely understand how you feel. I had pancreatitis as a result of my diseased gallbladder and stones. I know there is nothing like that agony, it's hell and it is also seriously life threatening so well done on getting through the worse bit. I promise the op isn't half a painful as the pancreatitis so you will be fine. Best of luck and take care of your self xx

Oh dear I completely understand how you feel. I had pancreatitis as a result of my diseased gallbladder and stones. I know there is nothing like that agony, it's hell and it is also seriously life threatening so well done on getting through the worse bit. I promise the op isn't half a painful as the pancreatitis so you will be fine. Best of luck and take care of your self xx

Thank you that's really put my mind at rest as I was fretting about putting myself thru more pain voluntarily.
I thought I was having a heart attack over nerves of having bypass (always have been a drama queen)
X

Absolutely gutted for you I know how excited you were but at least now you'll be free of the pancritus pain.
Hope you get well soon and don't worry op date will be here before you know it!!!
Xxx

Or it could be good timing - as you are getting both at the same time so only one lot of recovery/pain from surgery! ;) I was in and out of A&E a few years back with recurring pancreatitis over a period of six months and finally had my gallbladder removed. If only they had given me bariatric surgery at the same time that would've been fab (same set of surgeons)! Anyway, hope you are doing ok and your pain is being managed. Are you home now? Take care x x

Oh that is bad luck rudders but your April date will be here in a flash and at least you will be fitter in order to recover. Good luck :)

Thank you that's really put my mind at rest as I was fretting about putting myself thru more pain voluntarily.
I thought I was having a heart attack over nerves of having bypass (always have been a drama queen)
X

The pancreatitis made me very afraid of pain afterwards, so I felt the same and I will say that it isn't a pain free procedure they make sure you are comfortable and it is possible to be. I found their wasn't with acute pancreatitis, that really was the worse pain I've ever felt - the op is no where near as bad as that. I told my team about my pain fear and why and they said once you've been through that you should be fine but they understood and made sure I was pain free :) x

I'm back home and absolutely terrified of eating incase of another flare up!!!

Op now scheduled for 29th April - it can't come soon enough x

Back