• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sorry bit off topic - but need help

hi andy1968 have we met on another site? messages sent between us? still on journey although delayed as sugar levels not stable. having to do more tests to get them lower so surgery can be done. hi becky and funky24. i'm at l and d. they seem ok but was disappointed when i have had this delay. am worried with xmas i'll put on more weight. so much going on.having to move in next two weeks. mum not well with gallbladder as said in previous post and my daughter has an infected toe nail so had this removed and stitched so shes hobbling around. what more could happen? xmas tree has has not seen the light of day. think i'll give that one a miss. ha ha.

angela

Yes I think so!

mywishes - does sound like its all going on for you! as they say things can only get better right?! :) xx

hi mywishes im back to l@d today for ecg and to finally meet surgeon and anisitist yay may get good news and a date xxx

good news funky24 surgery set for 7th jan only down side milk diet back on as of xmas day but im not complaining im gratful im getting it x

Hiya,

So sorry you are feeling so rough. I thought I'd add my 2 cents if that's ok... I've had gallstones for about 20 years (if not longer) and I fully understand the pain an discomfort they can cause! It really can be horrendous. In the last 10 years though I very rarely have an episode, so they don't really bother me anymore and therefore there is no need to remove them. I did however ask my surgeon at the time of my surgery if he could remove my gallbladder at the same time than doing my RNY since it is very common for people to develop (even more) gallstones as they lose a lot of weight. He explained that the tools are not placed right to do this without putting the patient in danger. This is with keyhole surgery, maybe it's different with open surgery. So sadly, I've still got mine! Have you had it confirmed by your surgeon that they can do it at the same time? Worth having that chat.

If the discomfort or pain gets even slightly worse, do not hesitate to go back to a&e. In severe cases people can get jaundice when the flow of the bile is obstructed by gallstones (symptoms are yellow eyes, pale bowel motions etc). This has to be treated urgently.

Wishing you all the best x

aww wooohooo becky! 11 days before my birthday haha :) happy for you ! x

ahh thanks for that blue eyes, it hasnt actually been confirmed by my surgeon that he is going to remove my gallbladder, we just have to hope he will, i dont get much pain now, not like i did when i got rushed in, but sometimes get little niggly pain and my lower tummy feels tight and sore, and my back. and i constantly feel sick which gets worse after food, and constantly on the loo, which like i say sorry tmi is some times yellow! im taking pills galore, and get blood results bk tomorrow to check the infections gone, which i am pretty sure it has cos im not in the excrutiating pain i was in before - and then its getting the gp to write a letter to st richards to say im fit for surgery, looks like the sickness is gonna stay around until my gallbladder is removed, so if thats the case tomorrow i want better medication to see me through xmas ! xxx

I hope your pain levels remain low and you are adequately prepared with meds over the holidays then! All the best and good luck x

Just wanted to send you my love Funky so not fair for you. I had my gall bladder removed two years ago so I know the terrible pains you are suffering and the other discomforts that come along. Finger crossed that your bloods come back clear so you can get this all sorted out sooner rather than later. xx

Interesting trip to the doctors, so seems my white blood cell count has finally come bk down YAY!! But one of my liver tests is high, so bk in 2-3 weeks for another blood test to check it again :/ Gotta keep taking the omeprazole and got different anti sickness pills cos them other ones were *****! And they lost my discharge notes from pembury hospital so i need to walk em down tomorrow! Then they can write to the hospital n they can decide if and when im fit for bypass and hopefully gallbladder removal xx

Best of luck hun, I know it takes time but hopefully you will be completely better soon and can get your op x

hi guys
well i've moved but the stress of it all has put by blood pressure up and my ankles are swollen. so more tabs. glad you have an op date becky. have any of you been watching this weightloss ward up in sunderland? does it hit home that those people they are following sound just like us!! well merry xmas to all and catch up after when we should all be one step closer to what we want.

angela

moving is such a stressful event i remember my last move and that was a nightmare! Hope you get to relax and recharge over the xmas period lol :) i watched them both i like watching all them sorts of programs! Merry christmas to you as well x

Hi funky24 operation all done going home today yay. Worst part was my wind pain but im ready to leave just must remember to drink im terrible at it x

hi becky and funky24

hope your op went ok and you are recoving well. well my latest diabetes readings were good but my iron levels are getting lower in each test i have. so now i.ve got to have an enderscope and one the other way to check my insides before progressing. it seems i take one step forward then two back. do you know of anyone else who has had this procedure and what its like? good news that i may b able to start milk diet to get things moving. have you got any more appts before op miss funky. sorry i.m terrible with names.

angela

Hi MyWishes
Operation went well now at home relaxing. Glad to hear you are even closer to your milk diet I cant believe mine is over with now x

Awww happy for you becky, glad it went well now rest up and sip sip sip :) n look forward to your new life. keep me posted x

hiya mywishes, my iv never been called miss funky before hehe made me chuckle, my name is lisa if that helps lol ! i did 12 days on the milk diet before my problems, i generally didnt find it too bad! i am now awaiting a new date so il have to go back for another pre op appointment then it will be op no other appointments im aware of, so now its back to that torture called waiting game lol x x

hi becky and lisa

have started the milk diet!!! one step closer. will be back at l&d in feb. hopefully that 5%target will be reached. cant have op til i've had enderscope done and the hospital where i live is so slow!! a little hungry today.what hospitals are you at girls?

angela

Back