• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sorry bit off topic - but need help

funky24

hi well il start from the beginning, it may be long, sorry lol

Was due for gastric bypass 13th november, for 2 weeks before had to follow milk diet, to shrink the liver, was feeling really unwell towards the end on sunday before op i went to out of hours doc with bad tummy pains and he said it was gastritis and sent me home with pills and anti sickness pills, i took some and on the way home had to pull over i was violently sick on the side of the road (yuk) and it burnt!! got back and went via my parents within an hour of being there id been violently sick 3 more times and the pain was getting worse so my sister drove me to local a&e was seen within 10 mins and given morphine. pain eased a bit, was transferred to another hospital, had a xray and ultrasound that showed a 26 mm gallstone trapped in the neck of my gallbladder and acute cholecystitis (infection of bladder) my temp spiked and oxygen levels dropped, i spent the next few days out of it on meds, and was given 2 doses of extra strong antibiotic through drip the pain eased over few days and on the thursday they sent me home under close watch and with more antibiotics, and the plan is to get the hospital to remove my gallbladder at the same time as my bypass, which will be in the new yr now. had to get more bloods done to check my white blood cell count make sure its come down, i had that done today so hopefully next week will have results, and got given more antibiotics and im taking 40mg of omeprazole.

iv been eating healthier foods, but really struggling with feeling sick and severe discomfort and sorry tmi yellow diaroeha especially after food, why is this happening is it an infection still there? or will the stone cause these problems until removal? seen gp again today and been given more antibiotics she said i could still be inflamed....and no one knows whether the stone is still trapped in the neck of my gallbladder or if its dropped back in ?! im going out my mind constantly tired and sore on my shoulder blades back under my breasts and abdomen. do i need to demand a scan?? and they wont do bypass and gallbladder removal until gp has wrote to them stating im better and fit for surgery which they obviously cant do while i feel so poorly and on medication etc...some one please advise or help if you can x sorry its long x

Omg hunny you have been through the mill haven't you. I am sorry I can't help you. But just want to send you get well wishes. hope you get sorted soon x

I wish I had the words to give you some help or advice, alas I don't :( i would go back to your GP, and discuss these concerns even more, especially with the shoulder pains etc. They may proceed to get you a scan.

Thinking of you ~ you've certainly been through the mill :(

So sorry you are still in discomfort. The only way I feel I can help is to share my experience if you don't mind - So about 5 years ago after a big drop in weight I was suddenly in agony every time I ate or drank (no matter what). I was really scared I didn't tell anyone, silly I know but having experienced the pain you know how severe and scary it is. Anyway after a while it didn't go away and my parents eventually convinced me to go to the hospital, when there I was diagnosed with cholecystitis and obstructive jaundice. At the time the surgeons didn't want to remove my gallbladder until I lost more weight. I spent 3 weeks in hospital and then I went on another 2 years before they took my gallbladder out. I had sessions of pain that I went to a&e with a letter they told me to take for the next episode. They ignored it and sent me home with pain killers. When they took my gallbladder out it was on it's very last legs, completely diseased. I was meek and by the time they got round to taking it out my gall bladder was a complete I was a mess. I wish I'd been more strong and told them the pain I was in, don't make the same mistake as me, demand the best treatment available to you. At the moment I'm sure you are struggling to eat as it is but keep everything as low fat as possible, less than 3g's of saturated fat per item and you should avoid irritating things more. That's how I tried to avoid it for so long. It worked most of the time.

So long story short, don't do what I did. If you are still in discomfort go back to them, keep pushing until you feel ok. I'm assuming you had a CAT scan to determine the position and size of the stones but have you had endoscopy? if they think one is in the duct they can push it out with one of those? best of luck, hope you feel better soon and this is soon a long distant memory. Hopefully when this is all over you get get your gallbladder our at the same time as your bypass, long recovery but best of both worlds :) x

thankyou so much for sharing your story and for your help, i never had a CAT scan i had a xray and then a ultrasound, where she told me how big it was and where it was?!? :/ i am not in the pain i went to a&e with but you know when somethings just not right...i am in severe discomfort, i keep thinking of going bk to a&e as then id hopefully get the tests and stuff i need! im just taking the pills but its becoming a real struggle, i have not had anything fried or fatty, went out for lunch the other day with my mum and had jacket potato and salad, and with in ten minutes my lower belly hurt and under my breasts and i felt really sick, within 20 minutes i HAD to go to the loo and again tmi but it was yellow! i really dont want to go through xmas feeling this sick etc... xx

oh and no not had a endoscopy. the hospital just give me lots of meds, dont think they really wanted to do much and just said st richards can take it out same time as my op x

Sometimes I found just eating anything could set off the pain. Even drinking a glass of orange juice could. Stick to my advice about the 3g's of sat fat per item you eat to minimize it but yeah sometimes it will just happen anyway. It's great they can take the gallbladder out at the same time of the bypass, but you shouldn't put up with the pain in the mean time - it's absolute agony at times. I remember it well. Maybe go back to your GP and ask for some stronger pain killers for if and when you get an attack. I found 32mg of codeine with paracetamol took the edge off but you will only get them on prescription and they can be addictive so you'd only want to take them when the pain is very bad. Hopefully you can still enjoy Christmas, low fat versions of favourites will help you prepare for post op. Hope you feel better soon xx

Apparently (google) The bile is what turns a stool brown, a blockage will stop this happening resulting in it being yellow x

Hi Funky24 so sorry to hear you had a really tough time. Fingers crossed they will get this fixed for you in the new year, my mum also has to go in to get her gallbladder removed due to problems. I gotta go back on Tuesday to meet my Surgeon and Annisatist sorry cant spell and to have an ECG. Hopefully will also have a date for the new year to have my bypass x

thanks for the replies everyone, it all helps me nice to get other opinions and stuff... rudders so does that mean there is still a blockage?? sorry im so thick sometimes lol x ahhh becky im sooo happy for you hope you get that date soon!!! xxx

hi becky
my mum is going through the same thing. last week she was in so much pain i called 111 and they said to call an ambulance. this all started at 9pm and an ambulance did not get to her til 11pm! and to top it all they gave her no pain relief and did not take her to hospital. she had a doc come in at 1 in the morning who had to give her a pain injection plus more antibiotics. i think they do this until such time it can be removed as advised my mum it cannot be removed if inflamed as too dangerous.so i sympathise with you greatly and hope it is sorted soon. good luck.
i am waiting to go back to l&d after three month delay due to blood sugars not stable. however my weight is still rising slowly. will this hinder them doing my op in the future? any advise please

angela

hi angela not sure if that was for funky 24 or me? im also at l@d and i got the same problem since being intoduced to foods noticed im a bit more bloated and slightly heavier then i was i am also hoping this will not effect surgeons choise to do surgery im meeting them tomorrow x

awww babes get well soon ....ull be on the road to recovery and feelin better soon .hope they hurry up n sort u out .id go bk to a and e if ure worried ,they might carry out tests there and if nothing else that will set ur mind at ease .there were three ladies i n hosp when i was in for gallbladder removal and what i noticed was unless they were complaining of severe pain they would send them home until it flared up again .they did surgery on the ones who were in pain ????

thanks gorgeous lady :) its not the pain so much at the min its the sickness and diarohea im getting my results on 13th from bloods so hopefully they show my white blood cells have come bk down n im not fighting infection anymore, if they still high im going to a&e and if they have come down im gona demand better anti sickness and pain relief and just grin and bear it till my op cos it seems like its gonna stick around til its out! the pain im getting is no where near as bad as it was so at the min i can deal with it, its just really frustrating that i feel so sick etc! xxx

Wow...so sorry to hear about your pain :( Can only hope you can sort something out.
Best wishes hun and Take care:hug99:

Andy x

hi andy1968 have we met on another site? messages sent between us? still on journey although delayed as sugar levels not stable. having to do more tests to get them lower so surgery can be done. hi becky and funky24. i'm at l and d. they seem ok but was disappointed when i have had this delay. am worried with xmas i'll put on more weight. so much going on.having to move in next two weeks. mum not well with gallbladder as said in previous post and my daughter has an infected toe nail so had this removed and stitched so shes hobbling around. what more could happen? xmas tree has has not seen the light of day. think i'll give that one a miss. ha ha.

angela

Back