• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can I take door bad wind?

EmmaLouise81

Have a terrible pain in my side and back and everyone has told me it could be wind...I am a week and few days pre op and was wondering if I went to chemist what could I buy?

Last edited:
What surgery did you have emma? Sorry emma, i mis-read your post and thought you were post op. I have left the post on even though it is wrong. I dont know why you have trapped wind, but gentle exercise and massage would probalby help if you are sure it is wind. Please excuse my mistake.
Lynne x

If you had bypass then you will have trapped air in your system. It isn't normal wind that you associate with tummy problems. It is the air that they gently inflate your body with so that they can access to your internal organs easily.
You need to walk around a little and do gentle stretching exercises, sat down. Just raise your arms in the air gently one at a time and try to bend sideways and back and forwards. This dislodges the air that is trapped and helps it to move around and eventually it dissipates.
You can also place a warm hot water bottle on the area that it seems to stem from and get somebody to gently massage the area to move the air around.
Hope you feel better soon.
Lynne x

Last edited:
Sorry I really need to change profile, I am just over a week post op bypass....thank you for advice, will give it a go as much as possible.

Sip warm water,Windeeze,peppermint oil,move as much as poss!

Move your arms around a bit like a windmill, that seems to help. I also used Deflatine to ease the wind pain. Keep moving as much as you can as well.

Hope it starts to ease off for you soon.

Back