• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WIND PAIN!!

holliepop

Had my op on Friday AM and am now at home. Had a bit of pain in hospital and a bit of wind but I've just had 2 hours of absolute agony to the point where I rang the hospital for advice.

I was told it was likely trapped wind but the pain was terrible :cry:. Starting to regret the whole thing. It's my first day on the pureed diet. So Far i've had Weetabix, tomato soup, a fromage frais and a glass of lime cordial.

Don't know if any of the above could have caused it. How much time should you give yourself to eat something like a fromage frais?

Hi Sorry to hear you are not great, how did you manage the anaesthetic as I know you were worried? xx

Hi Sorry to hear you are not great, how did you manage the anaesthetic as I know you were worried? xx

Managed fine. I was terrified but my surgery was brought forward by 2 hours as another girl dropped out so I had little time to worry myself.

Anaesthetist was lovely and was very reassuring.

Try walking around and drinking peppermint tea if you've got it. Some people suggest windmilling your arms. Its unlikely anything you've eaten, most probably just gas leftover from what they pumped into you.

So Far i've had Weetabix, tomato soup, a fromage frais and a glass of lime cordial.

Don't know if any of the above could have caused it.

I'd check the labels for any hidden sugar (especially the lime cordial) and see if you can eat slower? Other than that, it could just be wind so peppermint tea etc and plenty of gently movement.

Hope you're feeling better soon x

So pleased your home and through it, evreyone panics and pleased we could help a little bit and get you through your op well done you, you should be proud of yourself. xx The wind will ease, just eat miniscule bits at a time and take your time between each spoonful, slow but sure and keep your fluids going in sipping of course but peppermint tea does help. If you eat quickly or too much you guna get pain, slow it down keep it small, keep walking around and deep breaths help to. over the moon you are home xx

Its most likely trapped gas from the surgery.....unfortunatly pain killers wil not touch this pain, keep moving as much as possible...try swinging your arm in the "I must, I must improve My Bust!!" style.....not easy I know but movement is really the only way to shift the gas....

Keep your fluids up and try to relax....you will be fine :):)

Moving around is the only cure, get walking round in circles in the lounge swinging those arms and reaching up high! Most of us had this and it will pass!!

Thanks everyone for the advice :D. had a wander about last night and it finally went. Had an ok nights sleep as well for the first time.

I'm just a little scared of eating now as who knows what different foods will do to me.

Suppose it's now just a case of trial and error.

Good to hear you're back home holliepop :) sorry to hear about your pain. I've had a bit of wind but I don't think it is as bad for those of us who've had open surgery.
I have been advised to have liquids for the first week....so far so good, had some low fat custard yesterday but took 30 mins to eat it & then I didnt finish it.
My wound has been a bit sore today, I look like the bride of Frankenstein!
Jox

Back