• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What cant you eat?

Hi
I'm 4 weeks post op and so far have been pretty lucky, the only thing that would def not stay down is quiche! I have heard that eggs can be a problem for lots of people.

I havent really tried solid meat yet, but minced beef and cold salad meats are all fine.

I havent tried proper bread yet, but Weight Watchers bread goes down just fine.

Over a year post op and can't stomach much chicken/meat/sea food but can eat things like ham slices.

I can eat most things. Cheese fills me up very quickly, or at least gives me the feeling of fullness.

Can eat sweet things but I only have them when I am exercising!

Just had the best night out for over a year Friday night where I was drinking Malibu and Fresh Orange all night. Loved it!

being a bander my only issue at times is bread, apart from that all is ok :eek:)

2 years out and nothing I can't eat.

14 weeks out and I can't eat tuna and Mayo, salmon or eggs of any type but anything else is fine bread is ok but no crusts and definatley no foods cooked in fat but I can eat crisps ok

I have now got a craving for hot chilli doritos which is something I never eat post op and need to get out off quick. On holiday I had vodka and cokes no problem wasn't really drunk just merry which was a nice feeling lol

Nearly 8 months out and I struggle with bread (except Burgen soya and linseed). I am okay with good cuts of beef but not the cheaper cuts. Cannot have most sweets or ice cream as I dump but okay with Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (but cannot finish them Yay!) No luck with eggs. They make me horribly sick.

9 months post op and I can eat just about anything. Have to be careful with caramel, fudge, honey etc things that are really high sugar but otherwise I've not had any problems.

Crisps dont do it for me but so far most things although I found tuna made me sick at one time and havnt tried it since.

8 months post op. I can eat everything in moderation. I still haven't tried ice-cream and something makes me think I'll have troubles with the sweetness and dumping. It's a very small price to pay for being a size 12!

Almost 8 months down the line.....

Can't have sugar, as I dump - gets me really down sometimes, but so glad I dump as I'd still be eating truckloads of Maltesers!

Don't cope very well with eggs either, they sometimes make me feel sick for hours afterwards.

Get full really quickly on meat.

Thats about it I think.

xxx

I had my op June 10th and eggs have made me physically sick as did a sausage cooked on the bbq (but i think the sausage was just my eyes being bigger than my belly). Bread hasn't been a problem and the small prawns are good but king prawns cause me great discomfort! Lamb was a little greasy but to be honest the price of it i don't buy it often...

I still love food and when i have something spicey i love the way the flavours bounce around my mouth :)

Im 10 months post op, and can eat everything. The only thing that has changes is my portion size which is roughly the same as my 6 year old.

Although I can eat everything I try to make good choices and stay off fatty and sugary food as much as poss.

I'm nearly six months post op and can eat any savoury foods without problems (unfortunately this means my fondness for white bread and butter has to be monitored !)
I've not pushed my luck with sweet things, but i eat a spoon of other peoples puddings !, 2 squares of choc, one scoop of ice cream etc. I have had a few episodes of light headedness / palpitations / nausea following my attempts at sweet things which i'm grateful for as this makes me afraid of pushing things further and having a full-on dumping episode. Just wish i dumped on butter !

I am nearly 11 months post bypass.

I don't think there is anything I can't eat, I seem to eat a pretty normal diet. If I am sick, it's usually just from eating too much, or too quickly.

I do dump, but not on the tiniest bit of sugar. I wish I dumped on less.

I don't eat meat so can't comment on that, but I am ok with scrambled eggs and quiches, in fact I love them. I love cheese too.

Recently dumped on ice cream and popcorn (not together!).

Rx

16 months out and cant manage a lot of rice - thats about it x

Back