• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sugar

karenlouisemee

im just sat wondering if you cant eat sugar after your op what about things like grapes, and fruit really. i have also heard that some people drink slimfast and this isnt sugar free can anyone answer this for me please.:confused:

everyones tolerance to sugar is different post op. Personally I have never dumped yet but I dont push the limits. I have had no problems with fruit as far as sugar is concerned but in the early days post op I couldnt tolerate it as it made me sick. Now I can eat all fruit with no concerns at all. Can't answer about slimfast as I havent touched it post op at all, but I know that many do with no problems.

Karenlouisemee
I have been told by my surgical team that I am not allowed the powdered slimfast before the op as it has too much sugar but I can have it after but as for fruit it will depend on your own tolerances

I can eat most fruits with no problem. Never tried Slimfast though so cannot help with that.

I dump really easily but I can eat any fruit that I like. It is only processed sugar that sets me off! Haven't had a dump for a couple of weeks so I thought it might have worn off so I tried a bikkie, oh dear me!

I seem not to be able to take much sugar, slimfast is a no no for me, it does have a fair bit of sugar, but i can have grapes and fruit no probbs. I started by having small measures of things and slowly build it up, cos i would hate to dump when not at home, its not very nice.

I can have the ready made shakes with slim fast but it does give me heart palps. Fruit (when I could eat it) was ok as well. Even orange juice was ok. It depends on your tolerance for sugar and you can only find it out with trial and error.

Back