• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do i do with my big yellow sharp box??

tracyt84

hiya everyone,i got sent home with injections and a massive yellow sharps box,ive finished these now,what do i do with the box??surely i dont have to take it all the way back to hospital,its a mission to get to xx

I think you can get give your local council a ring to pick it up, if your doctors or chemist won't take it because not all will be happy to as they have to pay for the amount they have incinerated x

My chemist or docs wouldn't take it, and I had to get a referal off my doc to call the council to have it picked up in an unmarked van.. so taking it back to the hospital when i can be bothered...

Just called my local council, they collect and if required supply a new sharps bin

Yep defo local council collection. I have this on a regular basis as I'm Diabetic. They will collect from you.

My Surgery were happy to take it from me but I needed a prescription to get a new one

Chemist did the same with me, only found out after that the council supply them for free

My doctors surgery took it from me as they have a disposal service but local chemist also takes them too.

Tight gits- some places ! I wonder if it's because they are charged per amount of clinical waste so don't want to take it! Mine is still on my windowsill as it holds the blind flush when the windows open!! x

My GP said they'll take it as it's only 1 months worth, haven't taken it yet as I keep forgetting but my husband's getting fed up with it sitting in the kitchen so I better get it to the gp's before he chucks it in the bin!

been to by gp and all chemists near me,neither will take it! so peed off about it,im now stuck with this ugly box of used needles,i dont want it in my house as i have 2 small children and im a worrier!! all this hassle ggrrrrrr xx

im gonna ring my council later if they wont take it im just gonn take it to my local hospital if they refuse as well im just gonna leave it there and walk out!x

Good for you I just don't understand why they can't take it.

My GP surgery took mine.
The chemist couldn't take it because "it contains used needles and such".

No sh!t Sherlock. :rolleyes: :D

Back