• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do i need in my cupboards for after op?

christine77

so with about 6 weeks to go to my op i am busy getting my monthly shopping list sorted - any recommendations of what i need to put on

i know lots of bottled water and nas squash , any other ideas ?

thanks everyone

Great thread Christine as iv forgot everything that i learned way back in Nov, so ill be jotting it all down again. Hope you are ok lovey. xxxx

Hi

chocolate options mmmm i have every flavour, yoghurts (buy them nearer the time) plain, soup you can strain.

At first its protein - so milky drinks and yoghurts - good luck xxxxxx

Id say the main thing is soups and .................... more soups :D I wouldnt get too much as your taste can really change post op, things can taste strong or really sweet and something you might like now you could go off after surgery XX

Thanks Christine.

In my cupboard at the moment i have:

Tins of thin soups like ministrone and chicken broth that i can strain off.
Slimfast
Dryed skimmed milk powder
Porridge
Weetabix
Bassetts chewy vitamins and minerals
I got the ones with zinc in too
My team asked me to start taking benefibre so got lots of that in.
I will get plenty of yogurts in before i go into hospital.
I need to buy a blender as well and a sippy cup or sports bottle to sip my water.

Hope this helps for now, ill add as i remember. xxxx

Deflatine for the wind
I got some nas crusher to make a milkshake for when im off food.

I lived on the ski smooth yogurts and concentrated tomato soup, I used to sprinkle a little cheese on it after the first week.

Id say the main thing is soups and .................... more soups :D I wouldnt get too much as your taste can really change post op, things can taste strong or really sweet and something you might like now you could go off after surgery XX

what kind of soup? im addicted to weight watchers soups do you think they will be ok

I had lots of WW soups and strained them at first.....or put them in the blender and then you still get the goodness. I had cup-a-soups the first few days too which I was happy I did because a few of the ones I liked before Id gone off lol. I was a little wary of trying Tomato soup as a few people dump on it :eek: I still havnt had it TBH! XX

Oh Im not sure, I would say its probably best to ask your team as they all have such different opinions. Some patients are allowed yoghurt straight away but I was only allowed clear liquids :D XX

Back